Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    edee6453 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2014, 08:21 AM
    Western auto wizard riding mower model 130902
    My husband just acquired a Western Auto Wizard riding mower. From what little info we can find, it's from around 1961....he's having trouble keeping it running...any idea on where I can get a manual or a diagram for the spring location on the carburetor...thanks...edee
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Jul 20, 2014, 06:35 PM
    Name:  bs130900thrttlink.gif
Views: 3211
Size:  25.1 KB
    Hi,
    I am hoping the number you give is the engine since you ask about the throttle contrl linkage connection!
    List of parts:
    #219 Oil slinger, governor and bracket
    #616 Crank assembly - governor
    #227 Lever assembly - governor
    #201 Link - governor
    #624 Lever - linkage
    #202 Link - throttle
    #609 Spring - throttle link
    #209 Spring - governor
    #97 Shaft and lever - throttle
    #620 Plate assembly - throttle control
    How it all connects together:
    The canshaft spins #219 to lube the engine and control the engine, It has the paddles and gear visible and a spool (with flyweights) that touches the downward part of #616. The #616 crank rotates moving #227 which has #201 connected to the upper end of it. The other end of #201 connects to #624 which goes from one side of the engine to the other. That other end of #624 connects to #202, #609 and #209. The link #202 runs through the spring #609 and they both connect into the same holes on #624 and #97 at each end. The purpose of the spring is to eliminate any lash in that part of the control to keep the engine speed steady. The other ends of #202 and #609 connect to a hole in the top of #97 which operates the carb and, thereby, the throttle. The #209 connects the control plate #620 to the rest of the assembly. The carb is connected solid to the mechanics of the engine and the spring from the control puts more tension on the assemby to increase speed and releases tension to reduce speed.
    Picture and link to parts breakdown attached.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Western auto riding lawn mower [ 1 Answers ]

I need a better reference or piture of the left side of the briggs and stratton motor so I can put a litle wire rod back on the engine but I'm not sure where it goes excactly I know one side of the wire was in a whole in a plic piece above the carbarator I need to see or here where the other end...

Old wizard 18.5 hp western auto riding mower transmission. [ 1 Answers ]

It slows down a lot going up hill. It has automatic and hydro on it.

Manual for wizard riding mower model # nop8184a09 [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know where to find this type of material

View more questions Search