Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    raaenca Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2014, 06:01 PM
    Could I be pregnant or does it sound more like af?
    Hi my boyfriend and I had sex it will be 2 weeks on Sunday. The condom broke off inside me, but only he only precummed before we noticed it was off. It was the time I was ovulating too. I have been trying to check my cervix this last week and it goes from high soft partially open to firm low and closed.My breasts are tender when I woke up this morning, this past week also I have had low cramping in my abdominal, and also very tired. I was just wondering what all of this could mean. I also am feeling lightheaded and nauseated.
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 9, 2014, 06:26 PM
    How do you know you was ovulating? Medical tests or been keeping a long term daily Basal Temp chart because you were having trouble conceiving... or a wild guess (Cell phone apps and online calendars qualify as wild guesses as those are notoriously inaccurate).

Its also FAR to soon to know as you left out the only important thing... are you late for your period yet?

You can't test until you are at least two weeks late as you will not get reliable results before then.

And by the way... tender breasts only mean your period is near, or even a little overdue... MOST women experience that every month... if you haven't before... you will at some point. Its common with the monthly hormone swings women experience. Considered one of the PMS symptoms, so is cramping.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jul 9, 2014, 06:30 PM
    Hi raaenca,

It could be due to pregnancy, it could be due to a period soon to start. Cervical position and feel can give you somewhat of an idea, but it is more helpful in getting an idea for possible ovulation than possible pregnancy.

Generally the high, soft, and open occurs with ovulation, where as the low and firm will occur after ovulation. At some point in early pregnancy, it will rise a bit and soften again. You'll really need to wait and see what happens when you would be expecting your period.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 9, 2014, 06:35 PM
    While I don't disagree with Doula, unless you have been properly trained, checking your cervix can be dangerous and introduce infection.

When is your period due? You will need to wait to see what happens when your period is due.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does it sound like I may be pregnant? [ 6 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex on Tuesday jan 29 I had taken a pregnancy test last Thursday it was negative... But starting 3 days ago I experienced very light pink spotting for 2 days just once when I used the bathroom. Then today it was a little more red same though only a couple...

Does this sound pregnant? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi. I have a problem. Two weeks ago, on the thirteenth of September, I got what I thought was my period. But I noticed something was different. It was much shorter and lighter. Then a week later, I started feeling nauseated. Even vomited. And I was exhausted. As of three days ago, my breasts are...

Does this sound like I'm pregnant? Help [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend & I had sex the 12 & 13th of February (meaning 8 days ago). I am suppose to get my period this Friday, but I have a feeling I won't get it. I keep getting cramps like I normally would every time I get up too fast or are on my feet too long. Also, I have a lot of discharge, but it's...

Does this sound like I'm pregnant! [ 3 Answers ]

Ok so I am feeling really nauseaed, I'm going to the bathroom like 4 times in an hour, I have vomited once, my lower back is hurting, and my nipples are really sensitive and my crest is hurting(maybe heartburn). If I am pregnant I would be 2 weeks, I was a day late on my period, but for the last...

Does it sound like I am pregnant? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I am new to this community. I am 24 and have been married to my husband for two years. We are trying to conceive and our history (in all aspects) could take hours to talk about but I will keep it short for now. My last period started on July 18. It lasted five days and was rather...

View more questions Search