Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    EthanCaitJimi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2014, 06:53 PM
    How to break a dog of destructive separation anxiety.
    All right, so about two days ago my boyfriend and I adopted the sweetest 5 (almost 6) month old puppy, Jimi. I am moving into an apartment complex come August and they are somewhat strict about how their pets act. Our puppy has symptoms of separation anxiety, I 'm not one to Diagnose I'm definitely not a Vet but whenever we leave he barks non stop and chews on EVERYTHING! We left him in his crate to see what he would do, and he barked non stop for about an hour. Not to mention he chewed up the metal door on his crate. I would like to not have to crate him, but I would rather him chew things in his crate that I know he won't choke on then let him loose and chew on my things and possibly hurt himself. Suggestions?
    bidingmytime Posts: 92, Reputation: 13

Jul 7, 2014, 08:09 PM
    Well, here's an idea, you could try getting another puppy to keep it company, or maybe even an older dog that doesn't bark. Maybe then it will not feel so alone. Also, taking your puppy out with you when you can might also be a solution some of the time. I have friends who have dogs and take them everywhere with them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to crate train my destructive dog with separation anxiety? [ 4 Answers ]

My husband and I have a one-year-old, male German Shepherd mix named Stryker. I had never wanted to crate train a dog before until we got him. He has severe separation anxiety--immediately after we leave, he barks this loud, high-pitched whine and it honestly sounds like we're hurting him or...

My dog has separation anxiety [ 12 Answers ]

My dog has separation anxiety, he stays up all night screaming and sometimes destroys metal crates. We have tried shock collars and the noise to get him to stop screaming all night but it doesn't work. We need to find a solution soon or we will have to get rid of him.

Help! Dog separation anxiety! [ 1 Answers ]

OK so I'm 24 years old. I live with my parents... and I have a 2 yr old boston terrier. He is completely fine when I leave for work in the morning at 7 am... and I come back at 330. My parents have another boston terrier his age that he plays well with all day. However, when I leave anytime after...

Dog with separation anxiety. [ 3 Answers ]

I have a newly rescued 1 1/2 year old irish wolfhound. I've had him for about 3 weeks now and he has already caused me to want to pull my hair out. He has EXTREME separation anxiety issues. I can't leave the house for even a second (not even to step out and grab the mail) without him jumping at...

My dog is having separation anxiety [ 1 Answers ]

What do I do my dog has been peeing in the crate for the past 2 weeks and we don't know what to do . My dad says to make him go in and out of the crate and it used to work when he had it the first time but now it won't work and he is usually in the max 3 times a day and sometimes he is never in...

View more questions Search