Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jbolzano Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2007, 01:26 PM
    How old does the child have to be to decide?
    If a grandparent has been granted visitation rights for an 8 year old child by the court in Wisconsin? Does the child have the option not go with the grandparent during the designated visitation date and time.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 4, 2007, 12:02 AM
    If you have the visitation rights as granted by the court, then the child has no choice if the visitation date and time has also been designated by the court. That would be my reckoning on the situation based upon the information that you have given.

Was the visitation date and time also designated by the court?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 4, 2007, 12:04 AM
    You also might want to check out the links at the bottom of this page to see if someone has already answered a similar question.

Best regards to you.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 4, 2007, 06:51 AM
    As Clough said a court order is binding. If the parents do not provide access to the child as ordered by the court, then they can be cited for contempt.

However, if the child is the one refusing to to be with the grandparent, and the parents bring this to the court, its possible the visitation will be rescinded.
    Chicklet Posts: 35, Reputation: 10

Jun 5, 2007, 10:36 AM
    I had similar troubles here with my 3 children refusing to go to their dads on designated times,
    he had gotten remarried and his wife disliked the kids,

my x took it to court (tried to blame me) and he lost,
    The Judge said he couldn't force kids their ages to go where they adamantly refused.
    it is very different if you are refused access by the adult,

Since then my x got separated and is living with his parents, so the kids have resumed visiting.

my kids were a tad older then,
    10, 11, & 12 yrs

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a child decide? [ 4 Answers ]

At what age or can a child in NC decide not to see his/her dad any more?

Age for child to decide... [ 7 Answers ]

I live in Anderson, Indiana. My question is that my 12 year old daughter wants to come and live with me but we aren't sure what the age is in our state for her to make that decision. Also, she is afraid of her dad. Afraid how he might treat her/ act if she was to move in with me. Our main concern...

Can't Decide. [ 7 Answers ]

Ever since I was a child I've wanted to be a veterinarian. I currently work in a vet clinic as a Veterinarian Technician. I love my job I love what I do. For the past few years I've also thought about being a forensic scientist or a Crime scene investigator. I don't really know if I want to be a...

At what age can a child decide? [ 4 Answers ]

My question is: What age can a child decide which parent they wish to primarily live with? My son is 13 and he wopuld like to live with his me (his Dad). I am considering an out of State move and he would like very much to go with me. Any help I can get would be appreciated.

I need help to decide [ 9 Answers ]

My boyfriend just moved away from Pennsylvania to Nebraska but I am stuck here. I don't know if we should stay together and have a long distance relationship or break-up. What should I do? Signed :confused:

View more questions Search