Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    David0601 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2014, 09:11 AM
    I want to make a short film about an alien invasion
    Ok. It is about a war between humans and grey aliens.

Plot:
    A group of students are enjoying their time by watching some television. Suddenly, when the lights go out, the invasion begins. They start to hear explosions and begin to think it is just a war. They panic and hide. Then they all get knocked out when they get hit by stuff falling.

They wake up to find that there is something put on their foreheads. Suddenly they hear a beeping sound and one of the students grow insane and kills one student. The top student reluctantly kills the insane one. The girl hugs him and hears beeping. Then he grows insane and tries to kill her. She survived by tripping him and knocking him out. She tries to take the thing off but it was no use. She hears someone out the room and tries to see who it was. It was a grey alien and it started to control another tough guy to kill her. She avoids but sees that the alien is controlling the guy with the mind. She takes a stick and kills it and her boyfriend is normal again.

She goes home and asks her parents to see if they were OK. They say they were fine, they walk out the room saying go to sleep. The end.

What do you think. I just need instructions on how to make this story into a movie.

Thanks
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 11, 2014, 09:16 AM
    Here you go,

How to Make a Movie | eHow

Any local film schools near you?

Mar 11, 2014, 09:41 AM
    Yeah
    Expert

Mar 11, 2014, 10:31 AM
    Go see what help and resources and opinions you can get.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Mar 11, 2014, 03:17 PM
    Your age is going to matter a bit here.

When I was 12-15, I used to make movies. That was a ways back when we had to use 8mm film and not tape or digital now. It was expensive so I would need to save up. I made slasher films, monster films, and zombies films. Why? Well, I liked horror and to be honest, they were the easiest to do because a little BBQ sauce, some fake knives and axes and a little bit of imagination was all it took to make them look pretty good. Explosions and things like that will be difficult unless you are old enough to have the resources to do it.

An interesting side note....I made a film, "Thursday the 12th" that was a part comedy and part slasher. My mother wanted me to show it at a family gathering. I did....my aunt nearly puked and my grandmother turned pale and was "very disappointed" in me. She wouldn't talk to me the rest of the gathering because she was too upset. I overheard her complaining that I was messed up and that she thought the film was going to be about nice things "Like butterflies"...Ok, she was out of touch but I still think about it now and it amuses me.

Mar 12, 2014, 06:14 AM
    Thank you all for your great answers.

Mar 12, 2014, 09:05 AM
    I am making my own versions of Planet of the Apes
    Hi there! >name removed for privacy< I was born on the 6th of January, 1999. I love music, stories and especially movies. I am going to create my own versions of Planet of the Apes. Some won't be original but will also be my ideas. Don't worry about the names. The story is different.

First I will be writing the books first. Then they will be made into movies.
    Here are the following ideas:

- Birth of the Planet of the Apes: Apes have been animals to humans. They were stupid. They were nothing but germs. When a chimpanzee began to evolve, the world's future was doomed. The humans were beginning to act a little weak. They didn't know how to use weapons to prevent the apes from taking over. The apes had only one goal - overthrow the humans and dominate the planet.

- The Planet of the Apes: Three years after the apes have dominated the planet, humans were enslaved by the apes. They were pets, test subjects and animals to the apes. They were put in zoos, farms and were slaves. There was absolutely no freedom. Meanwhile apes were the good citizens of the planet and were running the planet well, until an astronaut who has been in space for five years returns and tries to change everything.

- Escape from the Planet of the Apes: Humans were still slaves, animals and pets. They couldn't live on planet earth any longer. They start planning on leaving earth by moving to the moon. As they try to escape by using the spaceship that would allow humans to live in space forever, providing everything, the head ape and a massive army of apes are preventing the humans from leaving the planet.

- Return to the Planet of the Apes: After the success of leaving the planet ruled by apes, humans have missed their planet. They decide to go back. When they return, they realise that the remaining humans were exploited badly. Apes grew much more aggressive and much more stronger. Humans couldn't really fight back. The humans that went to space that have returned try to set the humans free once again.

- Revolution on the Planet of the Apes: The humans have been slaves for 800 years already with no freedom. They needed their planet back. The only way to get the planet back is to overthrow the apes. To do that, they must first find out what the apes' secret weapon is. All they know is that is they don't know what it is, the humans will never ever be free.

- War of the Planet of the Apes: If it is war they want, it is war they'll get. The humans defeated the secret weapon and outran the ape army. But now the ape armies from all over the planet will fight back to prevent the humans from winning. The humans only need to get smarter to actually win the war.

- Conflict of the Planet of the Apes: After the biggest war in history, the humans won. They stood up to the apes. They fought back like they have never fought back before. But humans are still enemies to the apes. There is only two ways they will be able to win, they must learn to get along and work together or battle each other until they will be able to see who will win.

- Revenge of the Planet of the Apes: Apes were sick of humans. They wanted revenge. They started to kill millions of humans. They destroyed their homes, destroyed their families and killed every human they saw. Humans couldn't stand it any longer. The final war only has two questions. Will the apes still rule the planet, or will the humans finally overthrow the apes, dominate the planet back and bring piece and freedom to the planet once again?

So what do you think? I would love to hear which story is the best and some comments. Don't forget to share this question.

Thanks.
    Expert

Mar 12, 2014, 09:22 AM
    Geez guy, to be honest I have already seen all your movie ideas already. I know there are many remakes of older stuff, but an original twist would help if you are sticking with an old theme.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Short Film [ 0 Answers ]

How many characters, and scenes should a short film have?? Also what could be my topic??

Alien Symphony Animated short [ 2 Answers ]

What is the name of that 80's music animated short where a group of aliens are doing a symphony while an astronaut watches, then takes them away in a technologic made bubble/

80 or 90s home invasion horor film [ 2 Answers ]

I seen this movie while working part time at a local video store. Probably from the 80s or 90s (we had it on vhs only)and was a horror film about a home invasion. The whole movie was about several masked men who broke into a home and terrorized the family who lived there. It freaked my fiancé out...

Alien teacher invasion [ 1 Answers ]

This movie I am looking for is in the 80's. There is a little boy involved and he sees his teacher eating a disected frog in his classroom. He also goes in a cave and sees his teacher with other people. I think the boys name is david and he is 10 years old. Thanks

Nonresident Alien Tax for short visits? [ 7 Answers ]

Dear Tax expert I live in England. And have a US employer paying me my salary since Dec 1999. I have been travelling the world a lot and have been in US 6 to 9 times on visits between 2and 8 days every year. I always stayed in a hotel, and I am in the US on a Visa Waiver for business. I...

View more questions Search