Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    7up Posts: 180, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2014, 04:45 AM
    WASHER and SINK drain line
    I'm having some drainage problems with my washer,I rented a 100foot electric snake and ran it through the washer drain line,and yet my utility sink still fills up when the washer drains.so my next guess is that the utility sink and washer drain system is wrong,so I'm sending a pitcher of the drain system,also this is the way the system was when I moved into the house.so if it's wrong please reply with a drawing of the way the sink and washer drain system should be built.

Attachment 45631
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 8, 2014, 08:21 AM
    Your attachment didn't make it. Did this ever drain normal? Try snaking from the washer roof vent. Put out enough snake to reach the base and 15 feet more. If that doesn't get it then snake from the kitchen roof vent. Good luck, Tom
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Feb 8, 2014, 11:12 AM
    First thing I would do next is to see how the washing machine (WM) drains. If the WM drains well (doesn't back up into the utility sink or out the washer stand pipe) then the next place to check will be the utility sink...drop Ptrap and snake drain from there...shouldn't have to go too far.

If the WM still backs up then as Tom suggested, try going down the roof vent and keep water backed up in the utility sink so that someone inside can tell you when you start to clear the blockage (water will start to drain from sink). Once you hit the blockage, work the cable back and forth in that area multiple times while running HOT water down the drain (helps clear drain AND clean the cable)!!

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is is possible to add a washer drain onto an existing kitchen sink drain? [ 2 Answers ]

I want to add a washer drain onto and existing plumbing in my kitchen but don't want to run it inside the sink. On the next side of my kitchen wall is a full bath and the sink inside runs on the same plumbing,but the kitchen sink branches of first. Should I run the washer off the end where the...

Remove utility sink and drain new washer and conditioning system in existing drain [ 4 Answers ]

My water conditioning system currently backwashes into a utility sink. I wish to remove the utility sink and hook up both a new washing machine and the water conditioning system to the existing drain (not enough room to keep the utility sink). How can I do this?

How do I get the p-trap to line up with the sink drain? [ 2 Answers ]

Two problems; first issue is that the drain from the sink does not line up with the p-trap... what can I use to connect the two? The other issue is that the drain from the sink is much too long... can I cut the drain pipe to make it shorter?

Relocating sink drain line [ 6 Answers ]

I have a neighbor that wants a new double-bowl vanity installed in place of a single one. The current drainline comes out of the wall from the left side of the cabinet. The new vanity will sit away from the wall on the left side (there will be a gap), so I will have to move the drainline to the...

Utility Sink Drain - into washer drain [ 1 Answers ]

Utility Sink Drain - into washer drain. Is is permissible to run the drain from a utility sink right next to the washer into the drain line for the washer?

View more questions Search