Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    will525 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2013, 08:57 AM
    Nordyne furnace diagnostics 2 blinks followed by a pop noise then humming noise
    I have reset the power to the furnace. Every time it flashes 2 times which says it is the pressure switch is open with inducer on. It makes a popping noise as soon as it has power to it. Then that noise goes away and I have a steady humming noise after that. Nothing at all happens. This is the first time I have tried to use it this year. It worked fine last year. Please help if you can.
    Grady White Posts: 1,417, Reputation: 59
    Ultra Member

Sep 13, 2013, 06:02 PM
    This is most likely the result of a stuck pressure switch but it could also indicate a restriction in the intake or exhaust system. Does the inducer motor come on?
    will525 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2013, 09:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Grady White View Post
    This is most likely the result of a stuck pressure switch but it could also indicate a restriction in the intake or exhaust system. Does the inducer motor come on?
    No sir it does not come on and thank you for the reply.
    Grady White Posts: 1,417, Reputation: 59
    Ultra Member

Sep 14, 2013, 04:32 PM
    Check to see if you are getting 120 volts to the inducer motor. If so, shut off the power & if possible try to turn the motor manually. On some inducers you can turn the cooling fins with a small screwdriver. If you can turn it, try starting the furnace again. Sometimes the motors will stick over the summer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

90 plus furnace doesn't turn on all there is is a humming noise [ 1 Answers ]

90 plus heating and air conditioning unit doesn't turn on when power is on all there is is a humming noise

Goodman Furnace Model GMPN060-3 Three Blinks Diagnostics. [ 7 Answers ]

I have a Goodman Furnace Model GMPN060-3. I get three blinks biagnostic code. I changed venter (motor assembly) and pressure switch. Still the same three blinks. Moisture drain path is clean and free of debries. After the new parts, furnace started once, but would not start again -- same three...

Furnace humming noise [ 3 Answers ]

I just moved into the home and it has a Nordyne Miller furnace that seems to be running fine however there is always a low humming noise emitting from the furnace... from what I have read it may be a transformer... is this normal for it to be constant?. the model is MGHA075ABFC01

Furnace blows cold air and makes humming like noise [ 1 Answers ]

I know very little about furnaces. The furnace started making humming noise and started blowing cold air. (It blew more cooler as time went by) I called hvac back out because they replaced the hiv thermostat 3 months ago and it cost $275 including labor. This time they said I have a bad blower...

Nordyne furnace fan motor noise recall ? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2000 Nordyne gas forced air furnace model M1MD070ABW ser. M1M990708554 with central air installed that runs for prolonged periods to get the temperature stable in our mobilehome. A neighbor told us there is a recall for our model furnace due to excess fan motor noise and the continued...

View more questions Search