Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mstrohl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2013, 07:16 AM
    Cylinder fills with fuel
    I have model 917.272751 tractor when I go to start after 1 week it will not turn over makes a attempt then stops replaced battery no change. Then noticed gas from exhaust to out plug cylinder full of fuel. Turned engine over with plug out blew out gas cleaned plug it started and ran fine stop and start for rest of day 1 week latter same thing could it be fuel solenoid?
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 9, 2013, 08:29 AM
    Check your needle valve on the float bowl... thats your primary means to stop fuel once the proper float level is achieved.

I also hope you have been replacing that oil every week after it does this... because if the cylinder is filling with fuel... a lot more is diluting your oil in the crankcase as well. If you haven't you are destroying the bearings and will soon need a new engine.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The back boiler from our solid fuel boiler is not heating the water in the cylinder [ 0 Answers ]

Our back boiler heats the water via the open fire. Lately the water is slow to heat in the cylinder and the pipes leading into the tank are extremely hot but the cylinder eventually heats but totally to the bottom of the tank. Would the back boiler be leaking or just full of gunge from 19 years of...

Fluidmaster 400 (only 6 months old) flushes & fills tank, but bowl only fills a bit [ 7 Answers ]

I've read the other answers here, but they don't seem to match my experience. Got a Fluidmaster 400 inside the tank, and it's only 6 months old. Bowl was re-filling fine before, but ever since my wife had to plunge a clog (pregnancy has ugly side effects, you know?) it has only re-filled maybe...

No fuel problem in Briggs & Stratton 24hp ohv twin cylinder engine [ 0 Answers ]

I have changed fuel filter, pump, plugs... etc... I am getting fuel to the carb, but will not start. I can pour fuel down carb and it will start, but will shut off soon after, the relay on the bottom of the fuel bowl clicks when I turn on the key, what should I try next.

Which cylinder is the number 1 cylinder in a 4 cylinder 1997 toyota camry? [ 1 Answers ]

Which cylinder is the number 1 cylinder in a 4 cylinder 1997 toyota camry?

Craftsman mower twin cylinder fuel split [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1989 917.255919. Twin cylinder. What is the name for the box the separates the fuel into two lines, one for each spark. It's nowhere in the manual. Doesn't seem to be behaving.

View more questions Search