Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wonderling Posts: 75, Reputation: 6

Sep 1, 2013, 08:09 AM
    Google plus
    Hello~
    I don't know how to use (and I don't really want to use) Google Plus.
    I have one person in my "circle", and it is my deceased daughter, so I don't want to delete Google plus all together if I can avoid it.
    Just noticed that 2 people have added me to their circles...
    What does that mean? What can they see?
    Can I block people from ever adding me?

Thanks in advance for your help. :)
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 1, 2013, 08:26 AM
    You don't have to use Google plus or Facebook if you don't want to. If people are inviting you to their circles, then you have subscribed to and set up a profile to use Google plus; they have read it and feel they like you. If your deceased daughter is in your 'circle' it isn't through Google plus, so don't worry about it. If you have not set up, joined, added your pic, done a profile, then they'd don't know you.

Of course, all of the above only if I understand your post correctly, including the part about your deceased daughter, with all due respect.
    Wonderling Posts: 75, Reputation: 6

Sep 1, 2013, 09:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    You don't have to use google plus or facebook if you don't want to. If people are inviting you to their circles, then you have subscribed to and set up a profile to use google plus; they have read it and feel they like you. If your deceased daughter is in your 'circle' it isn't through google plus, so don't worry about it. If you have not set up, joined, added your pic, done a profile, then they'd dont know you.

Of course, all of the above only if i understand your post correctly, including the part about your deceased daughter, with all due respect.
    Thank you for your reply. :)
    I do have a profile, that's how my daughter and I are in each other's circle, she is the only one in mine. I never used it, she used hers though. I'm wondering how people have added me to theirs without me 'okaying' it. And also, what does it mean when I have been added? I think I might just let it go, and close it. I can download the photos my daughter posted and then just close it. It kind of creeps me out thinking people can add me without my permission, because I don't know what it means. It's just, trying to hold on to the fragments that remain of her makes me hesitate closing it. I wish I understood better. :/ merg.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 1, 2013, 09:27 AM
    It just means they are lonely busy bodies. Keep it open if it makes you comfortable knowing your daughter is 'about'. I am on the paranormal board here, so trust me, I have an open mind. Or, you can close it, but doesn't mean you are closing your daughter off.
    God bless.
    Tick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How to get myself off Google [ 29 Answers ]

Hey I'm so upset rigt now please help me :'( My parents will be so mad. When you search me up on Google it doesn't come up. But when you search my best frieend up you can see my name and it comes to my page. This is only because I used to have "formspring" and so I'm first on her page... if my...

Has anyone here used Google+ [ 1 Answers ]

With all the buzz about Google+ I am curious to know if anyone here has seen and touched the all new Google+ service. Is it really what a lot of the reviewers are making out to be - a pretty decent product?

I cannot access Google or search on Google (Only Google) [ 3 Answers ]

Google has been my default search, no problems. My browser is the latest Firefox Beta 3.5 Beta 4 file version 4.42.0.0. The issue started over two weeks ago under the Beta browser. The issue is now, I can’t use Google search or just about any site that is a Google site. I put in a search item...

View more questions Search