Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    endlesslove230 Posts: 52, Reputation: 2

Aug 26, 2013, 12:54 PM
    My 'depression' ruins my relationship
    I am to leave in vacation with my boyfriend for a week but I'm in a miserable state and it becomes worse as the time is passing by.

I have to move town next month and even though I try not to think about it, every time something goes wrong with my relationship I remember I have to leave.

I've been with my boyfriend for 9 months now and everything was perfect, literally perfect: no fights, no misunderstamdings, no mind games, no cheating, no disappointments... nothing. Though, at the moment is not going very well and the reason is me. I always feel like crying and I just cannot be happy. What triggers this state is the fact that everybody hates and avoids me for being in love with "a guy who doesn't deserve me" and even if I can go at his place, call any time and say anything to him I feel socially rejected and I feel like something essential is missing. I cry almost every night thinking that they might be right and I suffer for nothing. Useless to mention that nobody believes our relationship will survive at distance. I want to let time decide that but I don't want it to happen before I leave. The problem is that I don't feel like doing or saying anything so I am kind of a bore and even if he wants to spend time with me, he ends up joining conversations with other people and leaves me alone. If only I could be more talktive and get out of this state things would be so much different and we would live every moment at its best. But I can't. Even if I get in a better mood, he drags me back by acting carelessly or something embarrassing happens and I'm feeling completely left out by the entire world.

I want this holiday to be worth remembering but how can I switch my mood in such a short time? I don't want him to feel like trapped with a hipersensitive girl who should stay home and cry instead of travelling.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 26, 2013, 04:00 PM
    There's something not quite clear about this:
    Things have been fine for 9 months.
    But everyone you know disapproves of him (and you for loving him), leaving you socially isolated.
    You tend to be depressed and quiet around him, so he ignores you.
    You are moving soon.
    You are afraid that long distance will ruin the relationship, and so do a lot of other people.
    You and he are going on a vacation.

Whenever someone comes here and says that everything is wonderful and in the same breath says that a lot isn't right, I know there is confusion and a lot of communication lacking between the couple.

It's a cold reality that distance is a tough test of love, and many LDRs fail. It's also reality that we are social, and if you can't get people to accept the person you love, chances are you will be miserable. Add to that, you and your boyfriend don't talk about anything deep, I have a feeling.
    So yes, it's bound to fail.

WAIT - how can you say that things have been so perfect? Reread your own post from a month ago! Why are you living in this state of denial? You haven't separated your own wishes and opinions from those of your family.
    I have a feeling you are still very young. You never said how old.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Relationship - Depression and No Sex [ 1 Answers ]

My partner constantly works and when at home is exhausted. We have been together for almost 10yrs get along well but have never had a fulfilling sex life at least I haven't. I am a stay at home mom with both boy's in school. I have suffered with depression for years on and off. We have not had sex...

How Depression Ended My Relationship... [ 4 Answers ]

Hey I'm a boy 19 years old, and had a fantastic relationship with my girlfriend who is same year as me, we went together to vacation, laughed a lot, much love and much romance. I really gambled everything I had in her, putted all trust in her. She was diagnosed with a "soft Depression" 2 weeks ago...

Depression, relationship, confused [ 8 Answers ]

I'm so confused and lonely. Problem is I don't want to talk to my family, they would either be uncomfortable about anything I say or stick their nose in where all I want is someone to talk to. My problem is my relationship. I have anger issues and am resolving it with meditation, but I only just...

Depression from a relationship.your opinions ? [ 10 Answers ]

My boyfriend gave me the world. As I started to get close to him we broke up. I thought he hung up on me so I fuss at him after that he went ignorn me. A week later he was saying how I wasn't in to him I don't love him and stuff. Ignore for 2 more weeks finally he said I made him mad he needed some...

Depression ending a relationship? [ 1 Answers ]

Hey everyone! First of all, I'm new so I just wanted to say hi! Secondly... my question. I have been in a serious, long term relationship for the past 5 years. We have had our problems and have broken up once before (and I admit, it was my fault the first time because I was too controlling...

View more questions Search