Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    catsluvsushi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2013, 03:55 AM
    Hot water smell and black specks
    The hot water smells like horrible rotten eggs. Someone suggested it is probably the anodized rod in the tank. A friend replaced it. He drained the tank, not sure if he flushed it or added chlorine. The smell was better for 3 days, though still noticeable, and now it is back to being horrid. Additionally, there are now black specks coming out of all hot water lines. The home is on well and last year it was fully serviced: water checked for bacteria, added a neutralizer, and serviced the water softer. I'm tempted to call a plumber but it would sure be helpful to know the money spent this time will actually fix the problem. I will check and see if the lines going into the tank are copper or stainless steel.

Check out some similar questions!

Blue Specks in domestic Hot water [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Vaillant aquaplus combination boiler. When I run at full hot water volume I consistently get blue specks in the hot water. The heat exchanger has been changed once to no effect. Any ideas on what to do next

Small black particles, milky water and organic smell from hot water from tankless [ 1 Answers ]

I have a new tankless hot water heater installed at my house. When I run hot water in the tub, there are always small black particles that are easily visible (about this size of small seeds).. sometimes the water has a milky color to it that always clears.. but water sometimes looks a bit dirty.....

Black specks [ 2 Answers ]

My fiancé has felt weak, had a fever off and on, pains like heartburn, can't sleep at all, coughs non stop, and is throwing up a lot more lately. We need advice on what to do, we have no medical insurance. So we hate to make a trip to the hospital for nothing.

Why are there floating white specks in my hot water? [ 12 Answers ]

I have noticed white specks floating my my bathtub the specks look like mineral deposits but then I pick one of them up and they are not dissolvable, they do break up but don't disappear. Some are huge and some are tiny, by huge I mean about the size of small bug like a lady bug. The others are...

Black specks [ 1 Answers ]

I've noticed black specks around the inside of the toilet that don't go away after cleaning. What is causing this and how do I get of it?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.