Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pramodkpandey Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2007, 11:05 PM
    comp not getting switched on
    computer is not getting switched on.the display shows random colours after sometime.what could be the problem?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 26, 2007, 06:44 AM
    Is anything powering up? Do you see the POST (Power ON Self Test)? Have you tried to boot to Safe Mode?

We also need more info about the machine itself, Brand, windows version etc.
    pramodkpandey Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2007, 01:41 AM
    yes it boots up until the logo of xp appears, after that the screen shows random various colours.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 1, 2007, 05:13 AM
    OK, that sounds like a video driver problem. Try booting to Safe Mode and make sure the right video drivers are installed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Removing a switched outlet [ 2 Answers ]

So in our downstairs office there are four outlets, 3 of which are switched by the door. I'm thinking of moving things around but would have to plug the computer into one of the switched outlets. I really do not need any of the outlets to be switched so here is my question. Can I simply pull the...

Heat & A/C are switched - help? [ 1 Answers ]

I wired my new thermostat all by myself and was very proud indeed. It works GREAT - there is only a little problem. If I want heat I must turn the thermostat to "cool" and if I want the a/c then I must turn the thermostat to "heat". I know that there must be two wires switched - but which ones? ...

Pet Shop Switched Paperwork [ 2 Answers ]

About 10 months ago I bought a kitten from a pet shop. I was looking for a male cat, as they are cheaper to neuter and it is not quite as urgent as a female. I bought the kitten, which was already microchipped, and received the microchip paperwork for the kitten. Some weeks later I received a...

F1>5 years, switched to H1B [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I came to USA in August 2000 on an F1 visa, and switched to H1B in Septmeber 2005. I read Atlanta Tax Expert's post about converting from F1 to H1B, but I'm not sure which of the 1040/EZ and 1040NR/EZ I need to fill out since I've been on F1>5 years and on H1B<183 days as of the end of...

Switched From Domain to Workgroup [ 1 Answers ]

I needed to use a shared printer so I changed from the domain I used to be in to a workgroup. However now that I try to go back to my domain, I can't. The problem is, my primary user profile is the one under that domain. So all my preferences and other settings have been lost and I have to go...

View more questions Search