Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    coach78 Posts: 45, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2006, 08:58 AM
    Removing a switched outlet
    So in our downstairs office there are four outlets, 3 of which are switched by the door. I'm thinking of moving things around but would have to plug the computer into one of the switched outlets. I really do not need any of the outlets to be switched so here is my question. Can I simply pull the switch out, put some wire nuts on and put a plate over the old switch? Thanks in advance!
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Dec 29, 2006, 09:57 AM
    Sure can, what you propose is a simple solution, and easily reversed if desired in the future.
    coach78 Posts: 45, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2006, 10:31 AM
    Thanks for the quick response!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heat & A/C are switched - help? [ 1 Answers ]

I wired my new thermostat all by myself and was very proud indeed. It works GREAT - there is only a little problem. If I want heat I must turn the thermostat to "cool" and if I want the a/c then I must turn the thermostat to "heat". I know that there must be two wires switched - but which ones? ...

120 volt outlet from 240 volt outlet [ 1 Answers ]

I understand that it is possbile to wire a 120 volt outlet from a 240 volt outlet. My 240 volt outlet has 3 wires in, white, black, and a ground. Do I wire the 120 volt outlet from the either wire and the ground? My voltage meter indicates that connection is 120 volts. Is there any down side to...

F1>5 years, switched to H1B [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I came to USA in August 2000 on an F1 visa, and switched to H1B in Septmeber 2005. I read Atlanta Tax Expert's post about converting from F1 to H1B, but I'm not sure which of the 1040/EZ and 1040NR/EZ I need to fill out since I've been on F1>5 years and on H1B<183 days as of the end of...

Switched From Domain to Workgroup [ 1 Answers ]

I needed to use a shared printer so I changed from the domain I used to be in to a workgroup. However now that I try to go back to my domain, I can't. The problem is, my primary user profile is the one under that domain. So all my preferences and other settings have been lost and I have to go...

View more questions Search