Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cpready Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2013, 05:46 PM
    Maytag plus refrigerator w/freezer on top
    I have a Maytag Plus refrigerator that I'd like to sell but have no idea what to ask for it. It's in great condition & 23.7 cubic feet. Any suggestions?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jul 6, 2013, 06:11 PM
    $100

Jul 6, 2013, 06:49 PM
    Thank you!
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jul 6, 2013, 07:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpready View Post
    Thank you!
    Unfortunately used refrigerators are inexpensive, we work a food pantry and people almost beg us to take them. Use Craigslist as a guideline locally.
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Jul 7, 2013, 08:01 AM
    That's a very good refrigerator, better than many new ones. About the only thing that wears out on them is the defrost system which can be replaced cheaply. Wash it out well and you may get $150-200. Look for mobile home parks and the dealers in used appliances that supply them.

Jul 7, 2013, 08:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by drtom4444 View Post
    That's a very good refrigerator, better than many new ones. About the only thing that wears out on them is the defrost system which can be replaced cheaply. Wash it out well and you may get $150-200. Look for mobile home parks and the dealers in used appliances that supply them.
    Thanks so much for your reply, it really has been a great refrigerator!
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Jul 7, 2013, 09:20 AM
    Believe it or not that model will still be running when the new R-134a units have long ago quit. The older R-12 models run for 50 or more years, many made back in the 1930s and 40s are still going strong.

Jul 7, 2013, 03:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by drtom4444 View Post
    Believe it or not that model will still be running when the new R-134a units have long ago quit. The older R-12 models run for 50 or more years, many made back in the 1930s and 40s are still going strong.
    Well, let me know if you know anyone in the Tampa Bay Area that's looking for a great refrigerator!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maytag refrigerator top freezer fan does not run? [ 1 Answers ]

Refrigerator and freezer are cold but no fan is running

Maytag Refrigerator not cooling but freezer is [ 6 Answers ]

I have a Maytag side by side and the refrigerator isn't cooling. The freezer is cold but has a big icebuildup in the bottom. Also the icemaker is wooring poorly and the spindle thing is frozen in. I checked the fan and it is working. I emptied everything out last night and let it all thaw out....

Maytag refrigerator freezer frost [ 1 Answers ]

Our Maytag side-by-side Model MZD2766GEW has a problem with frost buildup on the bottom of the freezer side. The frost continues to build up until the refrigerator no longer cools. At this point, we usually manually defrost the unit, and the cycle starts again. Any ideas what could be wrong? ...

Best top freezer refrigerator [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I hope someone can help me. I am looking for a new refrigerator since the Kenmore one that I have is accumulating ice in the freezer compartment after only being 4 days old. This is the 2nd unit of this brand and model that I have had in the past month. I returned the 1st one because the...

View more questions Search