Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lemasterfamily Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2009, 02:10 PM
    Maytag refrigerator freezer frost
    Our Maytag side-by-side Model MZD2766GEW has a problem with frost buildup on the bottom of the freezer side. The frost continues to build up until the refrigerator no longer cools. At this point, we usually manually defrost the unit, and the cycle starts again. Any ideas what could be wrong?

Thanks...
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 10, 2009, 02:37 PM

Sounds like the defrost timer switch bit the dust. This is a common part that fails on side by sides as well as top and bottom models. Check that out and more than likely you will need a new switch as there is no way to repair the switch.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maytag refrigerator--ice forming in bottom of freezer [ 11 Answers ]

Ice has been forming in the bottom of our side-by-side Maytag (MSB 2354 DRQ) which is about 7 years old. I noticed water on the floor under the fridge the other day. I broke the ice up and discarded it, and now ice has formed again. There was some ice on the back of the freezer cabin too,...

Removal of the freezer panel (Maytag refrigerator) [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Maytag refrigerator MTB1504ARW. Could anyone be so kind to explain me how I can remove the sheet metal panel inside of the freezer section to check the coils for ice buildup? I have tried this but the panel doesn't come off easily so I am worried not to brake something. Cheers!

Maytag Refrigerator not cooling but freezer is [ 6 Answers ]

I have a Maytag side by side and the refrigerator isn't cooling. The freezer is cold but has a big icebuildup in the bottom. Also the icemaker is wooring poorly and the spindle thing is frozen in. I checked the fan and it is working. I emptied everything out last night and let it all thaw out....

Maytag Wide by Side Freezer with Frost [ 4 Answers ]

Our freezer has been building up frost on all the frozen items and the ice cream and juice have gone soft. Today I noticed there is water dripping from the bottom of the ice reservoir. Cold air seems to be blowing into the fridge section and I hear fans running. Any ideas?

Maytag Refrigerator not cooling but freezer is [ 1 Answers ]

My maytag side by side refrigerator will not cool down properly. The freezer cools o.k. I unplugged the refrigerator and let it sit overnight. I cleaned the coils in back and checked the fan motor. After plugging in the refrigerator, it will cool down good for a day and then the temperature goes...

View more questions Search