Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    peurocs4 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2013, 08:40 AM
    Is it true that you are not allowed to buy a one-stop flight ticket (that switches th
    I bought one-stop flight that switches in the USA, and my lawyer told me it's not allowed because I might run-away during the stop.

Jun 6, 2013, 08:42 AM
    It cut off my question on the title: "Is it true that you are not allowed to buy a one-stop flight ticket (that switches the plane in USA) while you are on voluntary departure?"
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 6, 2013, 09:09 AM
    Well, is that what you intend to do? I don't think there are restrictions unless the court thinks you may be a flight risk, then your lawyer is probably correct.

Jun 6, 2013, 09:14 AM
    I'm a risk-free immigrant according to the USA documents. Is one-way ticket allowed in this circumstances?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 6, 2013, 09:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by peurocs4 View Post
    it cut off my question on the title:
    It cut off your question because the title is not where you ask your question. The title is for a brief description of your question. I.E. Customs and flights stopping over.

I don't think it is true. If you are not changing planes, then you would just not be allowed off the plane. International flights require that deplaning passengers go through customs.

But its easy to find out, call the airline.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 6, 2013, 09:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by peurocs4 View Post
    I'm a risk-free immigrant according to the USA documents. Is one-way ticket allowed in this circumstances?
    If that is the case then you are not a flight risk, but why has your counsel said you can't.

Jun 6, 2013, 09:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    If that is the case then you are not a flight risk, but why has your counsel said you can't.
    I have no clue, I'm just trying to figure out what's true or not since I have already bought the ticket and I can get it refund.

Jun 6, 2013, 09:35 AM
    *Can't
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Jun 6, 2013, 09:41 AM
    It depends on type of visa you use to enter US. Holders of B1/B2 are normally asked to see if they have return ticket.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

True or False: The Mongol rulers of china allowed only mongols tp serve in the milita [ 0 Answers ]

True or False: The Mongol rulers of china allowed only mongols tp serve in the military

What age do you have to be to buy a plane ticket? [ 16 Answers ]

I'm 16 and I want to buy a plane ticket. I want to buy a ticket to medford Oregon from aurora Illinois.

Flight ticket for wife - tax deduction [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Can I deduct flight ticket paid for my wife to accompany me in the US from abroad after she got her H4 visa... under schedule A itemized deductions of form 1040 for federal tax returns? Please let me know at the earliest. Thank you, Kaushik

FHelp with failure to stop or yield ticket [ 3 Answers ]

I recently received a failure to stop or yield ticket in NJ. I was on my way home from starbucks at 2am when I was making a left turn onto a 2 lane street. I was on a hill with the nose of my car pointing upwards. I was stopped at the stop sign for a solid 1 minute while changing CD's and BSing...

How much bags are allowed for babby with ticket [ 1 Answers ]

I have booked a ticket for air lufthansa for us. I have 2yrs 9 month old baby he also have a separate ticket. Tell me the bagge allowed for babby

View more questions Search