Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kaushik Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2010, 05:44 PM
    Flight ticket for wife - tax deduction
    Hi,

Can I deduct flight ticket paid for my wife to accompany me in the US from abroad after she got her H4 visa... under schedule A itemized deductions of form 1040 for federal tax returns?

Please let me know at the earliest.

Thank you,

Kaushik
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Mar 28, 2010, 03:03 AM

Yes, as moving expenses on Form 3903. Moving expenses include expenses for your family.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Deduction for my wife [ 1 Answers ]

Hello Atlanta tax expert I am on H1B visa and I got married to my wife in June 2009. She arrived to US in August 2009 on H4 visa. Can you tell me for how many months can I claim 2 deductions in my tax return. I would really appreciate a response. Thanks.

Tax deduction [ 1 Answers ]

I want to make a $35 to Wikipedia. If I itemize that, how much do I actually get to write-off my income tax? Is it 100% of $35, or less than that? Thanks!

On the Indiana State Tax Return can I take the property tax deduction? [ 1 Answers ]

I received the 2008 property tax bill and paid the bill. I purchased the home in 2008 and the seller paid property taxes through an adjustment on the closing statement. The only qualification I see about property taxes is that they have to be the taxes for your primary residence and I satisfy...

F1 Student - Can claim deduction for wife? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am an international student from India and would like to know whether I can claim additional exemption of $3,500 for my wife who is on F2

My wife got a $2500.00 ticket [ 3 Answers ]

Last night she got a ticket for Interference with making a report Base fine $2500.00. Now my question is are they going to make her take Anger Management class for it?

View more questions Search