Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ximena cortes Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2013, 11:38 AM
    High creatinine levels
    Which prescription drugs cause high creatinine levels and what is considered high?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 1, 2013, 01:37 PM
    There are a lot of them - http://www.ehow.com/about_5538366_drugs-cause-elevated-creatinine-levels.html

What does your Doctor say about your level?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 1, 2013, 01:41 PM
    A urinary tract infection may also cause higher levels of creatinine because the infection can compromise the kidneys. Kidney diseases can also cause high levels of creatinine in the blood. And yes, some meds; my question would be, are you a diabetic, do you have a history of UTIs which are causing the high levels?

You have obviously been to your doctor and had a blood test and this was the result, your high creatinine levels. So my question is, did you discuss this with your doctor? This is a multi faceted issue, i.e. a large amount of red meat can cause high levels as well.

Discuss this with your doctor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

High creatinine levels [ 3 Answers ]

I have labs drawn every 3 months due to health conditions. I am a 32 y/o female. I have a history of asthma, GERD, high cholesterol, allergies, restless leg, anxiety, and sinus tachycardia. I have been on oral steroids off and on this year which caused the sinus tach and now I am on low dose b/p...

Creatinine levels [ 5 Answers ]

Creatinine levels in my blood test 1.10. Any risk please answer me

What to do when Creatinine levels our to high? [ 1 Answers ]

Is there anything to do besides starting on dialysis to lower the levels of Creatinine? Please help!

View more questions Search