Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dollslemonade Posts: 36, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2013, 02:49 PM
    Quick question about losing weight
    I'm on a 1200 calories a day diet, with a 500 calorie burn a day through exercise; if my maths is right I should be losing between 1 and 2lbs a week. I'm fine with this, I've been on the 1200 calories a day diet before and I lost a stone but I stopped (It was Christmas, blah blah excuses excuses) so now I'm starting again, but I want to loose 2 stone by September so I'm adding some exercise to it. I've taken up walking around my village when I'm at home and walking around town and to uni when I'm at uni this month; I have a tracker thing that estimates your calorie burn.

Today I've just burned 320 calories through walking and I have around 350 calories left to eat before I reach my 1200 limit (my dinner was less than it usually is) and I'm really not hungry so I don't want to eat it, will it be all right not to burn the 150 I usually do because I've got a bigger deficit than normal? (Apparently my normal calorie intake when I stopped dieting was around the 1800 mark) I'm wanting to go to bed soon and can't muster the motivation to do another home workout, but I will if it doesn't work the same.
    1102568 Posts: 65, Reputation: -1

May 3, 2013, 04:40 PM
    It should be fine to miss a workout with that deficit, just don't make a habit of doing this all the time. You should try intermittent fasting with your workouts, it sounds very drastic but you are not actually starving your body of anything, you still have all the calories, vitamins etc of your normal diet. What you do is wake up in the morning, workout before you eat anything, wait an hour and a half after finishing workouts and then you have 6 hours to eat ALL of your daily calories, and then you fast for 18 hours until the next day. What this does is allows your body to fully digest your food before you put any more in. Think of it as filling a car with gas, you don't need to fill a car with gas after every 10 miles, once the car is nearly empty, you can top up the gas. This way, your body utilizes any fats in the diet as energy instead of storing it. The first week is hell, I must admit as you will feel hungry all the time, but this is normal and is just your body adjusting to a new metabolism. But after the first week, your concentration and energy levels will be high throughout the day and fat melts away. Try it out, you won't be dissapointed once you pass the first week. With your 1800 calorie intake and workouts I think you will have the ideal weight-loss conditions.
    1102568 Posts: 65, Reputation: -1

May 3, 2013, 04:44 PM
    I forgot to add that I am on this diet too and it is working great. I am a male and it is the first time in my life that I have seen my 6 pack, it has left me really lean and toned.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 7, 2013, 06:11 AM
    Please stop using text speak - it's not allowed and it's very difficult to take you seriously when you do not speak proper English.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 7, 2013, 06:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 1102568 View Post
    it should be fine to miss a workout with that deficit, just don't make a habit of doing this all the time. You should try intermittent fasting with your workouts, it sounds very drastic but you are not actually starving your body of anything, you still have all the calories, vitamins etc of your normal diet. What you do is wake up in the morning, workout before you eat anything, wait an hour and a half after finishing workouts and then you have 6 hours to eat ALL of your daily calories, and then you fast for 18 hours until the next day. What this does is allows your body to fully digest your food before you put any more in. Think of it as filling a car with gas, you don't need to fill a car with gas after every 10 miles, once the car is nearly empty, you can top up the gas. This way, your body utilizes any fats in the diet as energy instead of storing it. The first week is hell, I must admit as you will feel hungry all the time, but this is normal and is just your body adjusting to a new metabolism. But after the first week, your concentration and energy levels will be high throughout the day and fat melts away. Try it out, you won't be dissapointed once you pass the first week. With your 1800 calorie intake and workouts I think you will have the ideal weight-loss conditions.
    You have included a lot good info here, but I would hesitate to suggest working out before eating in the morning. For instance, a diabetic could not do this safely.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Losing everything need advice quick [ 5 Answers ]

I feel like I'm losing everything all my life I've grown up in a household with a lot of negative energy loving but negative attitudes toward everything.. I feel as though that attitude has been brain washed in me. I'm on the brink of losing everything because of my negative outlook on everything...

Cardio vs weight training-which is more effective for quick weight loss? [ 4 Answers ]

I know most everyone makes a big deal about the "fat burning" cardio, but I also know that having a high % of lean muscle bumps up the metabolism, and burns fat faster. If you're working out hard with the weights, you are getting the old heart pumping too. What would be a good regimen for someone...

How can I loss weight quick [ 4 Answers ]

I have been dietin for ever since I had my last baby which she is 3 now so its time to drop weight I sick , I never been this big I always weighed between 130 to 135lbs until like I said my last kid came I reached 182lbs and now I take diet pills the doctor put me on and they don't still work...

Quick weight loss [ 2 Answers ]

Hello all, I am 30 yr old mother of a 7 yr daughter. I weigh 106 kgs. I want to lose 55kgs in 6 months. Help me.

Way's to gain weight quick [ 3 Answers ]

I am 25 and only weight 145 pounds and it is to skinny I am 5"10 I need to put on some weight. But in a healthy way, someone please help me I don't like to be so skinny. I need some ways of gaining weight quick I don't want to wait for ever to put some weight on. I eat around three meals a day...

View more questions Search