Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Deejayr Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2013, 06:46 PM
    Suspended from work for a charge of child neglect 2, can I still work?
    I was charged with a citation for this but not arrested or convicted. I'm being offered pre trial diversion but I need to know if I will be able to return to work during this. My work has done a background check which came back 'denied' even though I'm not convicted of anything yet. I've been worki g for my company in health care for 10 years for this same company and what happened was not work related and was an accident. I need my job. Please help
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 11, 2013, 03:38 AM
    No, accepting a pretrial agreement is basically till it is all over treated like guilty. You will need to fight this and be found NOT GUILTY,

A citation is a charge, so you have been charged, and in most cases you are not hand cuffed but please understand this is viewed as 'arrested"
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 11, 2013, 05:01 AM
    Hello D:

Couple things... Your employer is NOT obligated to keep you on the payroll once he knows about your difficulties... Even if you fight the charge, and I believe you SHOULD, your employer isn't going to let you on the premises.

Why are they doing background checks after 10 years? Did you snitch on yourself??

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 11, 2013, 06:12 AM
    excon, at least every where I worked in health care, they are required to do a yearly background check, not only on the criminal records, but there is a special background for those that have done abuse. I know they always did two reports each year
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 11, 2013, 06:26 AM
    Why are they doing background checks after 10 years?
    It appears that the OP is in the health care field. Background checks are done frequently in this field. How frequent depends on the facility/employer.

That's why a check was done with 10 years of employment under his/her belt.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Careers for someone with a child neglect charge [ 2 Answers ]

I am a convicted felon with a child neglect charge. What fields should I take up that offer career opportumities to someone with this type of charge?

Wrongfully Suspended from work [ 3 Answers ]

I work in a place where there are always students around learning the job. I was being goofy with one of them one afternoon and I tossed her book on the floor. We were both laughing, there was nothing that lead me to believe she did not think it was funny. Well, another cooworker went and told on...

Suspended at work [ 4 Answers ]

I was wanting to know if I have a lawsuit case for the following. I was recently suspended for insabordination from 2008. I work at a bank and I was asked back in 2008 to put locks on all teller cash boxes in which another employee was going to help me with time past on and I forgot all about...

Suspended from work [ 4 Answers ]

Hi there. I av been suspended from work pending further enquireis as I av been accused of theft from the company I work with. They showed me a pile of receipts and said that I have been signing the reciepts and making faulse addresses as the transaction numbers are false and that they...

View more questions Search