Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LeathaS Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2013, 07:00 PM
    I was wondering if I can take something for ear pain while on an antibiotic
    I went to the dr today and I have strep throat, The dr looked at my ears and said they were fine I was put on keflex 2 time per day for 10 days, Now after having taken 2 doses of the antibiotic my right ear is plugged and hurts. I was wondering if there was something I can take to help it while on the antibiotic
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 9, 2013, 07:25 PM
    Yes, you can alternate Tylenol and Motrin every 3 hours.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Clogged ear after antibiotic drops [ 0 Answers ]

I am using anti-biotic drops my GP doctor prescribed after she saw infection with an oto-scope. Neomycin and polymyxin sulfates and hydrocortisone otic suspension. I use them at night. My right ear (the one which clicks and pops) stays clogged until late in the afternoon the next day with...

Ear pain and jaw pain [ 1 Answers ]

In my sleep my jaws and ear hurt Im also expecting a baby will the dentists still help me? I have three broken teeth in my mouth and this morning blood was in my ear.

Earache, throat pain - but do I really need an antibiotic? [ 1 Answers ]

On Friday night I left work with a painful earache. Took Ibuprofen and used heat, this was my right ear. Then Saturday my Left ear hurt... did the same things. Now it is Monday. No ear pain, still have sore throat and hearing is muffled bilaterally. Do I really need an antibiotic?

Ear wax, ear pain? [ 2 Answers ]

Can excessive ear wax cause pain in the ear? I've been having pain in my right ear since yesterday I know the doc had said do some peroxide or something in my ears but I haven't done it yet, and now that I'm having this pain I don't know if I should put peroxide in my ears? I also have bad TMJ on...

View more questions Search