Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    S1r1 Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Mar 20, 2007, 02:38 PM
    Missed Period
    Hello, this is my first time posting a question, but I would appreciate any information. I stopped taking my birth control pills the first week of January 07. I had my normal January period, which started on February 2, 2007. Here it is March 20 and I have not had another period. I have taken several home pregnancy tests that have all come out negative. I called my doctor after I was a week late and the nurse told me over the phone that if I haven't had a period by May to call back. She said that missing a period after stopping the pill is normal. I am pretty sure that I have just skipped the February period and am hoping my period will return this month, since we are trying to get pregnant. I was a little confused as to why my doctor didn't at least suggest a blood test and also wondered if anyone else had ever found out they were pregnant even though the home tests were still negative six weeks after their missed period? I am just curious, like I said I am pretty sure that I'm not pregnant and the missed period is due to stopping the birth control. I know it will happen when it is supposed to happen, but there is still a small part of me that has to wonder. Any help would be great.

Check out some similar questions!

Missed Period [ 1 Answers ]

:( I am 19, I have always had my periods irregular, sometimes they would be here for a month sometimes stop for 2 etc... me and my husband have been trying to conceive for almost 8 months with no results. Since November I have not had my period and I'm starting to get worried, before it was never...

Missed period [ 1 Answers ]

I've had 2 miscarriages in the past year, I am A- but didn't know it, I'm back to normal alrevady had a period now Im 3 days late but my pregnant. Test is negative what do I do I had my rogam shot after my 2nd miscarriage

Missed period [ 1 Answers ]

I haven't had my period since nov 27, 2006 and I have taken over 10 hpt and all have been negative. I have even went to the clinic and taken tests and still negative but I have all the signs. I get sick every mornin and my stomach hurts every night like how I would fell if I had my period. I get...

Missed period [ 3 Answers ]

My last period was 7th of Dec. I usually get my periods every 28 days. This would make me due my period on Jan 3rd. It hasn't arrived. My breasts are very soar since the 3rd. They feel heavy and swollen. Normally they would only hurt slightly and just the day before I'd get my period. Today the end...

Missed period?! [ 1 Answers ]

I haven't had my period since the 1st week in April and the only thing I can think of as to why is that I started taking singulair in between April & may for asthma- could this be true? And also I have never gone all the way but my boyfriend and I do masturbate each other- there wouldn't be any...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.