Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tafapat Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2013, 04:36 AM
    Itching scalp
    Hi I am now 2 months pregnant and I have a seriously itchy scalp and back of neck.
    My doctor said it is because of the pregnant hormones and he gave me something for the neck but not the scalp.would please help me with natural remedies I can use. By the way I'm black and my hair is relaxed
    smkanand Posts: 602, Reputation: 56

Mar 13, 2013, 04:50 AM
    Your skin color doesn't matter. Do the lukewarm olive oil or coconut oil hair and scalp massage in the night and keep it for the entire night, shampoo in the morning with mild cleanser. Drink juices and coconut water, after consulting you doctor. If coconut water doesn't suit you, include coconut in your food once in a while this will improve hair, skin plus your baby's skin.
    tafapat Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2013, 04:57 AM
    Thanks a lot. Then can I use any sulphate free shampoo as a gentle cleanser and how often should I do the coconut oil and olive oil massages?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 13, 2013, 04:57 AM
    I don't have experience with this personally, but do know that pregnancy requires extra good nutrition because your body is taking from you to give to the baby. I assume that you are taking pre-natal vitamins? Make sure it includes full B spectrum, and A, and avoid sugar (which makes me lose hair and itch). Avoid chemicals for relaxing your hair. Buy an unscented bar shampoo like Burts Bees, which has no chemicals in it to keep it emulsified like the liquid kind. Put a dab of olive oil on your head, work it into your wet scalp, and then shampoo. Rinse very well. Buy a cortisone spray and spot spray where you can get to any parts of your scalp. You may find that summer will cure a lot of this, if you are in a cold climate now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gel or crème for itchy scalp for black person with hair cut almost to scalp [ 0 Answers ]

Medication for itchy scalp had been mentioned but I did not get the name of it but the cost was about 14.95. My friend it Black and has a constant itchy scalp/ she would appreciate any help. Thank you, MG

The scalp [ 1 Answers ]

I have a bad fungui infection on my head and no its not danruf or lice and I can't make it go away I'm 19 yrs old and I don't want to shave my head just to make it go away help!!

Itching INSIDE scalp ? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi sorry if this is the wrong place to post this. Anyhoo, for the past few months, I have had this itching INSIDE of my scalp, I guess it can be compared to a feather tickling the inside part of it. Just some background history, I am 20 year old female and I do have a lot of upper back...

View more questions Search