Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Flo1231 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2013, 07:37 PM
    Need help with solving accounting problems
    On May 1, 2010, ACME Bank agreed to lend Bright Enterprises $110,000. To that effect, Bright signed a $110,000, 10-month, 11% note. Bright Enterprises has a year-end of December 31. Interest is payable at maturity.

Prepare the journal entry for Bright Enterprises:
    a) On the date the note was signed
    b) At year-end
    c) On February 28, 2011 when the note is repaid

May1 - record note payable

Dec31 to record interest payable from note
    Feb28 to record repayment of not and additional interest.

Thanks a lot.
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2013, 07:31 AM
    For the Note being signed your accounts will be: Notes Payable and Cash

For year end you have to compute the amount of interest owed, which is Principal times Rate times time equals interest. Time will be number of months from the signing the note to year end divided by 12 months. Your accounts will be; Interest Payable and Interest Expense.

When the note is repaid you have to calculate the amount of interest owed from Jan 1 to when the note is paid. Use formula from above, just change the number of months from Jan 1 to when the note is paid divided by 12 months.

Your amount due will be the note amount and the amount in interest payable and interest expense for Jan 1 to when the note is paid. Your accounts will be; Cash, Notes Payable and Interest Expense.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help solving accounting questions for free? [ 2 Answers ]

Assume that weekly payroll of harry's homemade hats is 300 December 31 end of the year falls on mondaay and harry's will pay its emplyee on fri for the full week what adjusting entry will harry's make on Monday December 31 is it salary expense 60 salary payable 60 or salary expense 240 cash 240 or...

Help solving accounting problems? [ 3 Answers ]

These expenditures were incurred by Sanler Company in purchasing land: cash price $56,132; accrued taxes $6,772; attorney's fees $2,111; real estate broker's commission $2,897; and clearing and grading $4,271. What is the cost of the land?

Accounting solving [ 2 Answers ]

betty sullivan decided to open betty's dog grooming center. Betty completed the following transaction a) invested $ 19,000 cash from her personal bank account into the business b) bought equipment for cash $ 3,000 c) bought additional equipment on account, $2,000 d) paid #300 cash to...

Solving this Accounting homework. [ 1 Answers ]

I HAVE TRIED BUT I CAN'T GET IT RIGHT! :( THIS IS THE EXACT PROBLEM I HAVE TO SOLVE, I COPIED EXACTLY WHAT THE BOOK IS GIVING ME! The trial balance of the Sterling Company shown below does not balance. Sterling Company Trial Balance May 31, 2010

View more questions Search