Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    whatzup's Avatar
    whatzup Posts: 2, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Mar 2, 2013, 04:15 PM
    J1 (resident Physician) since 2010
    Hi I am in J1 (resident Physician) since 2010. I have J2 wife as dependent. I was going th a tax firm to help me file tax return. I realise they were filing wrong form for me for last 2 years. 1040 instead of 1040 NR. I think due to that I got more return than I am supposed to. What should I do now please help?
    MukatA's Avatar
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

    Mar 2, 2013, 10:35 PM
    File 2012 tax return as residents.
    AtlantaTaxExpert's Avatar
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,815, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

    Mar 3, 2013, 06:21 PM
    Redundant question; already answered.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tax Refund 2010 - Non-Resident Alien [ 18 Answers ]

I worked in US for 3 months, under J1 - visa, Work and Travel program for students during the summer, my question is how could I get my income taxes back ? I looked over the internet and I found that I have to file the Forms 1040NR and 8843 to Department of the Treasury,Internal Revenue Service...

Wrongly filed taxes for 2010 on TurboTax - Non Resident Alien [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am on F1 status since 2009 and I filed taxes for 2009 using 1040NR-EZ and 8843. But, I efiled 2010 taxes using TurboTax since a friend of mine told me that it was easy to use and faster! I have received my state taxes which I think I am not supposed to! I am yet to get back my...

Resident tax 2009 and Non resident in 2010 [ 1 Answers ]

In 2009, I went to tax consultant and he has filled my 2009 taxes under resident.. but I was in F1 student visa status for entire year 2009. After going to through IRS website I came to know that he should have filled me has a non-resident. . This time for 2010 I am planning to fill taxes has...

Child born in 2010, resident alien or non-resident alien [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, We had a baby on June 30, 2010 in India. Me, my wife and my baby came to the US on Sep 21, 2010. I am on H1 visa, while my wife and baby are on H4 visa. My wife and I have resident alien status based on the number of days stay, but I am confused about my baby. She fulfills all the...

Insurance and physician fee dispute-physician billing me the difference [ 1 Answers ]

My son had emergency surgery and his insurance paid the surgeon the physician provider fee because the surgeon (who is not a provider in our HMO) was on-call for a provider physician according to the Tax ID on the physician's claim to the HMO. The physician is billing my son $700, the difference...

View more questions Search