Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Anonymous01 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2013, 01:41 PM
    Avoiding NYC General Corporation Tax
    I live in New York City. I'm about to incorporate a c-corp, and intend to incorporate and operate in a nearby municipality (say a Westchester County municipality, or in nearby New Jersey) to avoid NYC's General Corporation Tax.

I will not do business, employ capital, own or lease property in a business capacity, or maintain an office in NYC, though I and my staff will likely continue to live in NYC.

Is this sufficient to avoid NYC General Corporation Tax?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 10, 2013, 01:57 PM
    If your corporate offices are in New Jersey or Westchester, then you should be able to avoid the NYC corporation tax.

Where you LIVE has nothing to do with how the corporation is taxed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

General Tax Query related to Federal and State Tax and Filing Status. [ 3 Answers ]

I am a Married Indian resident. I had visited US in 2006 twice on H1B. I have never been to US earlier. Period of Visit: March 2006-April2006 approx 44 Days - Income from NY. Stayed in NJ August 2006 – Sept 2006 approx 32 Days. - Income from NJ. Stayed in NJ My company paid the salary...

Bee paying NYC resident tax but not NYC resident [ 2 Answers ]

My employer has been deducting New York City taxes from my paycheck since 2004 and I have not been a NYC resident since 2003. I have recently cleared up the issue with my employer, however they would only refund me for this years NYC tax deductions. I assume that I need to file a New York State...

Avoiding NYC Resident Taxes [ 3 Answers ]

Last month, I just moved into Manhattan from upstate NY (an hour away from NYC)where my family lives and started in my first job at the same time. In our employee portal, I changed my address from my upstate NY address to my NY City address so I don't have to go home too often to pick-up mail or...

Avoiding double tax in India and USA [ 1 Answers ]

I am based in India and I am planning to write a book and the publishers are based in USA . Can someone tell me how I can avoid double taxation on the royalty of the book, as I think there is a double taxation treaty between USA and India. The publishers have asked me to fill form W-8BEN, but I...

Looking for a tax per in NYC! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I came to the US with a F-1 visa in Aug 2001. In 2006, I left the country and re-entered with a J1 visa. I worked through 2006 - but my employer did not deduct social security/medicare from my paycheck since I'm not a citizen. I have no idea whether I should file as a resident. Other...

View more questions Search