Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bwb1975 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2013, 07:29 PM
    Frozen Pipe in Wall? Or something else?
    It is extreemly cold and all water in house was working. Next day all water still working except hot water to the master bathroom sink and shower. There is cold water to the whole house and also hot water except to that master bath sink and shower. Put a heat gun to the hot water pipe for the master bath sink and would get a weak stream of water from the hot side that eventually trickeled out.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jan 22, 2013, 07:45 PM
    Could be a frozen pipe if the piping comes up an outside wall or through an uninsulated space. Keep working with a heat gun.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 22, 2013, 08:17 PM
    I agree and if it stays really cold consider allowing a tiny trickle of hot water to drip all night. Moving hot water is hard to freeze

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I thaw frozen pipes in a wall? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a frozen pipe in a wall. The pipe goes from the basement to the 2nd floor How do I thaw it without tearing the wall out?

3" dbl. Wall flue pipe in stud wall [ 0 Answers ]

I'm remoldeling a kitchen, and in a section there is a chase with clothes chute and 6" flue pipe. Chute will be removed, but, have to do something with flue pipe. Furnace was upgraded to energy eff. furnace, so it no longer uses 6" pipe. 3" water htr. Flue is still tied into it. Can I put a double...

Think I might have a frozen pipe [ 1 Answers ]

Current cold snap in portland or. Yesterday morning I had no hot water in the kitchen sink. Cold water works but not a drip when you move the handle to the hot side. Dishwasher is right by the sink and when I turn it on no water makes it to the dishwasher. Hot water works in the rest of the...

Frozen outside pipe [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I found water under my inside A/C unit & outside pipe was frozen. I turned off A/C & let thraw & changed a dirty filter. I turned my A/C back on. If this doesn't fix problem, what is my next step? Thanks!

Bathroom sink wall pipe drain pipe [ 2 Answers ]

My house was built in early 70's.. No plastic.. I'm putting in a new sink and had to remove the wall pipe that goes into the wall.. I needed a longer one. It seem where it goes in behind the wall into the plumbing there was some type of gasket as pieces of it fell out when I removed the pipe.. I...

View more questions Search