Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nippa1235 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2013, 01:29 AM
    My dog ate a whole bag of chocolate chips
    The chocolate was Nestle Toll House and he has been vomiting, shaking, and wimpering I have given him water, food and anything I can to help him my mom refuses to take him to the vet and I and my sister can't drive is there anything left I can do?
    yeremiamickey Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2013, 01:55 AM
    Call the animal doctor,
    Nippa1235 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2013, 02:12 AM
    Thank you what's their number
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jan 22, 2013, 06:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Nippa1235 View Post
    thank you whats their number
    ?? Bangladesh or New York city. Google "veterenarians in -----(zip code
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 22, 2013, 07:59 AM
    Chocolate is poison to dogs and you are on an international site, so asking for the number is really stupid.

Can your mom see how much the dog is suffering??

Get moving if you want to save your dog!
    samcreed Posts: 132, Reputation: 18
    -

Jan 22, 2013, 09:11 AM
    My Vet said the way to get a dog to Vomit, is to give it Hydrogen Peroxide, (normal 6%) over the counter. Give it some white bread (like sandwich bread), then use a syringe to give it 1/2 cup of Hydrogen Peroxide. Wait until it vomits, and keep it up until the vomit is clear. That worked for me when my dog ate green rat poisen a few years ago. The vet said it would take approx. 6 hours before the dog could start digesting the poisen. If it has been longer now, 11:10 am EST, Tues, than about 10 hours, I would say the dog has already started digesting it. It needs a VET! Good luck.
    I forgot to tell you that the syringe is NOT a needle. It is a rubber bulb type syringe that is used to wash out ears. Fill it with about 1/2 cup of Hydrogen Peroxide and give it to the dog through the mouth. You will have to hold his mouth open, and it will probably try to bite you!
    samcreed Posts: 132, Reputation: 18
    -

Jan 22, 2013, 09:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    Chocolate is poison to dogs and you are on an international site, so asking for the number is really stupid.

Can your mom see how much the dog is suffering ????

Get moving if you want to save your dog !!
    Asking for the number is really stupid? I disagree with that. No question is stupid. Maybe the asker didn't really think. The asker could be located in the USA. If the Asker will tell us what city and state, if in the USA, we can look up numbers for them.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 22, 2013, 01:24 PM
    samcreed, I don't care for your opinion because basically an animals life is/was at stake here. Sure the poster could possibly have thought of how to get the number, there are grown ups in the house apparently. The mom would not take the dog to the vet, so I am assuming there are grown ups there.

I am not taking back what I stated. I have never had to get a number for a poster; there is only so far we can go.
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2013, 02:43 PM
    Tickle - this is apparently a child trying to get an answer. Civility, please.

Hydrogen peroxide can be helpful to induce vomiting but call the vet and find out how much to give the dog. Then take him outside because he'll be throwing up a lot.
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2013, 09:06 PM
    I would think that the option of making the dog vomit is gone. If the dog is having symptoms of chocolate toxicity, the only choice is to go to the vet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Chocolate chips [ 11 Answers ]

Does any one know of a way to keep chocolate chip candy from melting? Need to take it to a pot luck. There is no frig. Sunduster

My dog ate a plastic bag [ 4 Answers ]

I was out with my dog for a walk and he gulped down a thin plastic bag someone had thrown in the street. It's Sunday so I can't call the vet but I'm really worried. He has a history of digestive disruptions and has a narrowing in his intestine, so he has had a few bouts of vomitting and diarrhoea...

Dog ate chocolate [ 3 Answers ]

Hi thank God for this site.. I don't have a credit card... but my 70 poud dog ate dark chocolate chips and then ate a lot of grass... will he be o.k ?

Shihtzu ate a little chocolate [ 2 Answers ]

So what should I expect to see or happen , My 14week old Shihtzu ate at little choclate with carmel in middle, it was a small piece, and not sure if I should panic, he seems fine?

Dog Ate Chocolate [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 3 1/2 yr old dog, weighs about 11 lbs... woke up yesterday morning to discover that he had eaten about 2 oz of dark chocolate that my partner accidentally left within his reach. Not sure what time he ate it, if it was overnight or in the AM- woke up around 9a to find the empty wrapper. ...

View more questions Search