Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dawnharrelson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2007, 05:46 PM
    Sick puppy
    I have a sick puppy, the Vet can't find anything wrong with her. She was throwing up the other day and wouldn't eat, and still won't eat. She is 11 months old, -zu and Pikingnese. Any one have any ideas of how to get her to eat and what food to try?
    The Vet suggested rice, but she won't even eat that? HELP!!
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2007, 07:00 PM
    You could try this bland recovery diet for dogs.

3 parts cooked rice, one part boiled hamburger or chicken, or cottage cheese. I think you can substitute boiled potatoes for the rice. Once in an emergency, we bought a plain baked potato from Wendy's.

This is meant for short time settling a dog's digestive tract. It is not the complete and balanced they need long term.

A few days of not eating won't hurt a dog. Stay in touch with the vet. If she isn't doing better by Monday, either go back to the vet, or try a different one.

You might also look at the ''My dog won't eat.'' sticky at https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/dogs/i...tml#post254171
    cheekyfairy3 Posts: 7, Reputation: 0

Mar 16, 2007, 08:20 PM
    I don't really know much about dogs, but have you tried giving it pasta?? My doggy loves it!! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Sick puppy [ 3 Answers ]

I am the proud mother (not biologically, of course) of 10 mixed breed puppies. Today, one of them is ill. She is not eating, vomiting, and has loose stool. She will, however, drink water and her gums seem to still be pink. I am very concerned for her and for her 9 siblings. Please help!

My new puppy is sick! HELP [ 17 Answers ]

Well I just got a new puppy about a week ago and he is about 4weeks old! And he started sneezing and vomiting and won't keep anything down!! And I don't have the money to take him to the animal hospital! SO I was wondering if anyone knew what I could do at home to help my puppy!! PLEASE HELP

Sick Puppy! [ 32 Answers ]

I adopted a puppy from our local pound two days ago. He's about nine weeks old. At first, he was relatively playful, ate a bit (although not as much as I though he should), pooped once (solid) and seemed generally okay except for a hacking cough. I brought him to the vet yesterday, and he was found...

Sick puppy [ 2 Answers ]

My six month old lab has lost her apatite and has refused to eat the last two days she won't drink much water either. She had dry heaves last night. She has been around kid for the last two day's and I think they may have given bubble gum or kit kat bars or both. When do y'all think I should go to...

Sick puppy [ 2 Answers ]

I have a litter of 7 pups, 6wks old. I went to check on them and mom as I always do around 9:30 pm and one of them was vomiting and shivering. Brought her in the house to try to keep her warm. She drank some water and vomited it up within 30 minutes. None of the other pups seem to have any...

View more questions Search