Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lmorr1957 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2012, 02:47 PM
    One side of mobile home lights are off
    We live in a mobile home and one side of the house the lights do not work. We have changed breakers. Light switches and outlets. Still no power. We have determined that all rooms that are off are on in double 30 amp breaker tied to master bedroom. But master bedroom lights are working? And that breaker has been changed out too.
    Kyle_in_rure Posts: 341, Reputation: 10

Dec 27, 2012, 03:16 PM
    Is this a double or single-wide?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Dec 27, 2012, 04:28 PM
    If this is a double wide, there is a transfer connection between the 2 halves. Look there, I have seen squirrels and other rodents eat them.
    mike 165278 Posts: 168, Reputation: 7

Dec 27, 2012, 08:03 PM
    Why would a 30A circuit be used for lighting? I assume it's feeding a subpanel somewhere, have you checked that?
    Kyle_in_rure Posts: 341, Reputation: 10

Dec 27, 2012, 08:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mike 165278 View Post
    Why would a 30A circuit be used for lighting? I assume it's feeding a subpanel somewhere, have you checked that?
    I was wondering the same thing. Mislabelling perhaps?
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Dec 28, 2012, 04:08 AM
    I will assume parts have been changed without using a voltmeter to test whether voltage is there or passing through the replaced parts.

There is a loose connection someplace, need to use a volt meter to check for power and follow the circuit to the location of the loose connection.

Having a 2 pole 30 amp breaker for lighting is a problem, unless it serves another panel that serves the lighting.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I withhold lot rent on a mobile home if I paid off my mobile home and they won't [ 7 Answers ]

Can I withhold lot rent on a mobile home if I paided off my mobile home and they won't send the title its been 11 months and still no title has been mailed to me despite my request

Can a mobile home park sell a mobile home without a title California? [ 2 Answers ]

Can a mobile home park sell you a mobile home without a title and if they do, do they have to give you the money back on the mobile. If you give them enough time to get the title and they will not repay you on the mobilehome. If you found another mobile home and you requested the money back and...

Lights in a mobile home will dim every 3-5 min [ 1 Answers ]

I thought that there was too much on that circuit so after I jumped the braker from 15 amp to 20 but still the lights dim

What causes air conditioner duck to sweat on only one side of mobile home [ 2 Answers ]

What causes central air conditioner duct to sweat only on one end of mobil home?

Mobile Home - Lights and power not working in certain rooms. [ 6 Answers ]

My husband isn't mechanically inclined and I rent my home from a ghetto landlord who says for me to fix things and send him a bill. So I live in a 1500 sq ft. mobile home, and right now my power to one of my bathrooms, my dining room and my sons room will not work. The TV in my sons room that is...

View more questions Search