Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TracySmith Posts: 3, Reputation: 0

Jul 11, 2010, 12:11 PM
    What causes air conditioner duck to sweat on only one side of mobile home
    What causes central air conditioner duct to sweat only on one end of mobil home?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jul 11, 2010, 12:16 PM

There could be an air leak to the outside air that is more humid. Try investigating the actual duct for any holes or cracks and use duct tape to seal them up and see if that helps the condensation problem you have.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jul 11, 2010, 02:15 PM

If the A/C is running and the duct is cold it will attract the moisture in the air. Actually the moisture condenses on the duct surface since it is cold. Insulating the duct is one cure and if the duct is sweating under the trailer then a plactic 6 mil vapor barrier on the ground under the mobile home will be a huge help in more ways than one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Air conditioner/furnace combo in mobile home is blowing cold air [ 8 Answers ]

This is an all electric mobile home that has an outside air conditioner with heating system. It is blowing cold air when the heat is turned on at the thermoniter.

My central home air conditioner is blowing cold air but making a loud noise [ 2 Answers ]

My central home air conditioner is blowing cold air and seems to be running fine however all of a sudden it began making a loud noise inside like a Hummm, HUmmm, HUmmm noise when running. Should I expect this thing to die?

E3 error on kelon air conditioner out side unit [ 2 Answers ]

Our air conditioner brand is keon but it can not work properly it indiktes e3

Home Air Conditioner fan will not come on [ 1 Answers ]

The thermostat makes the clicking noise, but the fan will not come on. We have checked the breakers and no problem and the unit itself and there seems to be no problem. Can anyone help.

York Home Air Conditioner [ 2 Answers ]

Last summer my York AC began making a "screeching/screaming" type noise. It would do this intermittantly. It seemed to be coming from the fan motor. A repairman recharged the system by adding freon as he found the system needed it. The system then ran good and without the noise. Last week the...

View more questions Search