Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    celinatorro Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2012, 02:23 PM
    Just broke up with my boyfriend.
    Hello everyone. So I broke up with my boyfriend for many reasons one being the fact that right now I need to focus on my studies. I'm 23 and I'm a med student, I've been so distracted with my relationship this semester I didn't do well in my classes. My future career is everything to me.

Two, he's younger than I am, he's 19 I'd be doing him a favor, he needs to be doing whatever he wants not being stuck with me. I'm convenient for him, we live down the block from each other and we do have tons of fun but I know he can find that with someone else.
    Lastly, where will this really go? I'm Indian and my family are Christians strict and his family are Pakistani Muslims. I know that shouldn't matter at all and it doesn't to us now but in the future it will matter when it comes to raising a family and dealing with our families accepting us.

I know it's probably for the best, for both of us but I feel extremely awful and hurt. I know I've hurt him as well because he's so upset about it I mean he told me to never text him or talk to him again. It feels so wrong and I know you can't give me answers but did I make an overall good decision? Why is he acting like this is only hard for him?
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 24, 2012, 05:14 PM
    What do you expect from a heart broken youngster who just got dumped and doesn't understand why??

Leave him alone and let him learn to deal with his heart break. Some day he may understand how hard this was on you, but that may be a long time in the future.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Dec 24, 2012, 05:27 PM
    I am 70 yrs old, married for 7 yrs, divorced in 1975, then remarried for 30 years. My wife died 6 years ago from smoking; bad lungs.
    I have been through breakups also. At 23, I received a "Dear John" letter from my girlfriend while attending the U of FL, working on my first Bachelor's Degree. You have many years of schooling ahead of you in medicine, also in internship, etc. You don't need this!
    I agree with you fully about breaking up with him. There is also the problem of your two different religions; which may or may not cause family problems in the future. I am with you 100% about breaking up, moving on, and concentrating on your school. He will be fine, as soon as he gets over feeling sorry for himself. I do wish you the best, and hope you have a great New Year.
    ArmstrongMiller Posts: 164, Reputation: -1

Dec 25, 2012, 12:56 AM
    I am sorry to hear that...
    jazzas Posts: 38, Reputation: -3

Dec 25, 2012, 05:44 AM
    Mixed blessings that's all , who's god is best , well I know there are over 80 religions in the world at present , best to have none , enjoy your studies something else will turn up, muslim can only marry muslim
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Dec 25, 2012, 08:23 AM
    Oops! You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to talaniman again.
    Tal is so right. He is young and hurt. Leave him alone so he can heal.
    Good luck with your career.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 25, 2012, 08:40 AM
    When you break up, stopping all contact, not emailing, not texting, taking them off friends on Facebook, is actually our advice here normally. You stop all contact and get over them. So do the same and just move on with you life

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Broke up with my boyfriend, but it's really not him. It's me. [ 3 Answers ]

So I got together with this guy around 4 years ago right after his best friend broke up with ME. And as to not make this post too long he was a lazy, whiny, for the first 3 years. Finally my neurons kicked in and I left his . After 2 months we began talking again and he said he understood why I...

Me and my boyfriend broke up. [ 12 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend been going out 1 year, 5 months. I really love him. We just broke up today because we argued a lot. He changed in the bad way. He's not the guy I fall in love with. I told him that but he said he still the same. I don't know what to do because before we broke up, he treated...

Need help! My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me ? [ 1 Answers ]

Post moved to it's own thread. Hello please I want help... my boyfriend broke up with me 1 month ago. He said that he doesn't want to date any one until he gets married. Well there was nothing wrong between us, everything was all good. Suddenly he want to break up, and the thing is that he...

My boyfriend broke up with me [ 4 Answers ]

:(:( my boyfriend just dumped me and I'm so sad he only dumped me because he thot I was flirten with this other dude and he has no room to talk because he flirts with other girls 24/7 ugg I want him back:(:(

View more questions Search