Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ann12345 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2012, 01:49 PM
    Why haven't I started?
    I am 16 years old and I have never had a period... What's wrong with me? All the girls in my grade have.. Even the younger ones.. Is there a medicine doctors can prescribe to help start my period? Thanks
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Dec 20, 2012, 01:59 PM
    No.. it happens when your body is ready for it to happen... you are just a late bloomer... it will come soon enough. If it doesn't happen by 17, then perhaps its time to see a gynecologist to find out why.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 20, 2012, 03:04 PM
    I would see a gynecologist now. Most girls have their first period by the age of 16.

Are you very thin, or overweight? Your weight can play a huge part in when you start your period.

But I would see a doctor about it.
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Dec 20, 2012, 03:37 PM
    Or an athlete... enough physical training and stress can adversely effect this if she's an Uber athlete... there has to be a certain percentage of body fat for regular cycles to occur. However all that can be determined by the Gynecologist.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 20, 2012, 04:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Or an athlete....enough physical training and stress can adversely effect this if she's an Uber athlete...there has to be a certain percentage of body fat for regular cycles to occur. However all that can be determined by the Gynecologist.
    Exactly. There are many things that can delay a girl starting her period. We can't diagnose any of them online.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why haven't my period started ? [ 6 Answers ]

Need help really bad I'm female I haven't had a period since 24th march I then lied in may I said to doc I have started my period so I was given the injection but now I'm due for a other injection which I didn't have now my period haven't started yet I'm worried don't want to 3 months gor my...

Haven't started my period [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am 14 I will be 15 years old in January and I still haven't started my period. I am kind of worried is this normal. Could it be because I do martial arts I will start it at a later age then the avarage. Please can you help me. Thanks.

Why haven't I started my periods? [ 4 Answers ]

Okay so I'm 13 going on 14 at the end of this month I'm in year 9 but I still haven't started my periods I would say most of my class has it may be that I'm the only one, am I different I am also a bit flat chested not completley mind they have grown recently. I am going through puberty as I have...

Haven't Started my peiriod and 13 [ 11 Answers ]

Hi I'm 13 and haven't started my period I have green discharge and have grown boobs also have pubic hair but no under arm hair does this meen that I haven't developed yet worrid is this abnormal

View more questions Search