Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ilivetolove Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2012, 02:39 PM
    Why is my boyfriend so judgmental?
    My boyfriend has always been the type to speak his mind about people. He feels that he has quite the gift of knowing people just by their body language. It does not bother me until he starts analyzing my friends and family. In the past he has made little comments about my family saying that he probably would not like them based on the little things that I tell him about them. Another time, I showed him a picture of another family member and his response was that he looks like he would not get along with him based on the way he was standing in the picture. This last time I just could not keep quiet anymore and revoked my invitation for him to meet my family. It bothers me that he is so pessimistic about meeting anyone important in my life. When he makes rude comments about them without meeting them, it just reinforces my hesitation to introduce him to them. Am I wrong for saying I don't want him to bring him around my family because of his negativity?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 16, 2012, 02:41 PM
    Do you know his family? How does he get along with them? Does he have any friends?

Dec 16, 2012, 02:46 PM
    I have never met any of his family, he claims that he is not close to them. I have only met a couple of his friends that he regularly works out with. They are very different from him, the only thing it seems that they have in common is the fact that they enjoy working out. They seem very humble though.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 16, 2012, 02:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ilivetolove View Post
    I have never met any of his family, he claims that he is not close to them.
    Hmmm, wonder why not. It might be the bad vibes they get when they see him coming their way.

Dec 16, 2012, 02:53 PM
    Possibly. Or vise-versa. :/
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 16, 2012, 02:56 PM
    Possibly. Or vise-versa. :/
    *chuckle* Too true.

Now, what can we do to get him enjoying being on this planet with the rest of us mortals?

Dec 16, 2012, 03:02 PM
    I don't know. I just want to be able to finally introduce him to my family, because they are important to me. But, I don't want to introduce them if he's going to be Mr. Negativity about it. Am I in the wrong for not wanting to if he's going to be that way?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 16, 2012, 03:07 PM
    I don't know. I just want to be able to finally introduce him to my family, because they are important to me. But, I don't want to introduce them if he's going to be Mr. Negativity about it. Am I in the wrong for not wanting to if he's going to be that way?
    Stop thinking about it and just do it, for pete's sake. Then draw a line in the sand -- no commentary from him about anyone.

Dec 16, 2012, 03:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Stop thinking about it and just do it, for pete's sake. Then draw a line in the sand -- no commentary from him about anyone.
    Lol. Thanks.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Dec 16, 2012, 06:05 PM
    I think you are wrong with staying with this person! He is so negative that I would not want to be around him at all!
    I am 70 yrs old, and am still a fairly positive person. I really think you would be happier with someone else! I do wish you good luck.
    mystific Posts: 340, Reputation: 308

Dec 16, 2012, 09:34 PM
    Tell him if you had to judge him on the way he stands.. he wouldn't be standing next to you now.

But being the person you are.. you didn't judge his book by his cover :)
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Dec 16, 2012, 10:16 PM
    Don't introduce him to your family and don't spend any more time dating him. If you stay with this guy, he will insult the people you love for the rest of your life, and will also think that he knows you better than you know yourself and will "analyze" what you have to say instead of listening to you. Life's too short for negative people - go find someone great instead.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My boyfriend mom told me today that my boyfriend was molested as a child [ 4 Answers ]

She asked me to keep it to myself till he tells me one day, we both started to cry, and she feels angry because she didn't know, and if she could, would want to file a late rape charge. It hurts, and I wish he could tell me, and know that I love him no matter what. He recently about 4 months...

Does my Boyfriend love me Is my boyfriend a gold digger he lives thirty minutes away. [ 5 Answers ]

Okay. Before I met this guy I was in a relationship with a guy who I was with for almost a year until we broke up on oct 9th 2010 then I met this guy name lawrence on oct 12th 2010 he approached me on Facebook I was very doubtful of me and him starting a relationship since I just got my...

My Best Friend, Acting Judgmental of My Current Relationship [ 8 Answers ]

Lately, my friend has been being very judgmental of me and particularly my relationships. She makes comments about how after my ex-fiance, I seem to have no self respect. Also, she keeps saying that my current relationship is moving too quickly. Because we hang out everyday at my house and he...

Judgmental pharmacists [ 32 Answers ]

There is a growing problem in the U.S. these days with judgmental, moralistic pharmacists who are refusing to prescribe birth control pills to women. Many states have so called "concience clauses" that allow them to refuse to give prescriptions that violate their religious or personal beliefs....

View more questions Search