Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    philliptinch Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2012, 07:14 AM
    How to file a complaint against a parole officer in Illinois
    I would like to file a grievance against my parole officer and contact his supervisor if possible?
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2012, 07:39 AM
    Sure its possible... but expect repercussions for doing it... particularly if its for what would be viewd as petty reasons.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 13, 2012, 06:01 AM
    Hello p:

Do it in writing, by registered mail, sent return receipt requested. Send a copy to the PO, his supervisor and the parole commission in your state.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 13, 2012, 06:10 AM
    But what is your reason, to be honest it needs to be good and a real violation of rules and or your rights.

Remember first this is a parole officer, you have no real rights for many things, they may search you or your home at any time, contact neighbors, where you work and so on.
    They look for a reason to send you back.

You upset them, and you will still have the same one, or his friend in the office next to his.

You can report but make sure it is worth it, and understand the result that can happen.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Parole officer complaint [ 0 Answers ]

I have a job that I have been working fir 3 weeks now, and 3 days ago my parole officer stopped my movement time because he said he wanted to see me. I stayed in the house all day and he only called the house phone and asked for my job information so I told him about my job.he then told me that he...

How can a file a complaint against a parole officer in Chicago, IL [ 3 Answers ]

My ex boyfriend is a habitual heroin user. I have called his agent on several occasions to have him picked up and taken to a detox center. His agent has not been compliant nor has he been helpful. Yet when he needed to keep track of him after he got out of jail, he would call me day and night...

Complaint against parole officer [ 17 Answers ]

I was wondering if I could file a grievance or some other complaint against my husbands parole officer or if he could, we live in Illinois.

View more questions Search