Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomboy2010 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2010, 07:39 PM
    How can a file a complaint against a parole officer in Chicago, IL
    My ex boyfriend is a habitual heroin user. I have called his agent on several occasions to have him picked up and taken to a detox center. His agent has not been compliant nor has he been helpful. Yet when he needed to keep track of him after he got out of jail, he would call me day and night and harrass me to give him the information that he was looking for him. How can I file a complaint against him to do his job? I live in Chicago, IL
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 8, 2010, 08:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomboy2010 View Post
    My ex boyfriend is a habitual heroin user. I have called his agent on several occasions to have him picked up and taken to a detox center. How can I file a complaint against him to do his job?
    Hello tom:

He IS doing his job. He's a LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER, not a social agency. If you do this, you'll make it hell for your boyfriend.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 9, 2010, 07:59 AM

Yes, a parole officer does not care if he needs to go to detox, he will send him back to prison not detox. A parole officer is in law enforecement, if you want social services, got to the welfare office.

If you want him in detox, you put him in a car and drive him to one. Driving him to a detox is not even close to his job.

Reporting his failure to follow parole rules to the PO will merely put him back into prison
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 9, 2010, 08:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomboy2010 View Post
    My ex boyfriend is a habitual heroin user. I have called his agent on several occasions to have him picked up and taken to a detox center. His agent has not been compliant nor has he been helpful. Yet when he needed to keep track of him after he got out of jail, he would call me day and night and harrass me to give him the information that he was looking for him. How can I file a complaint against him to do his job? I live in Chicago, IL

I would do nothing until you have a better understanding of how the legal system works.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Difference between Parole officer & Probation officer [ 7 Answers ]

What is the difference between Parole officer & Probation officer? If anybody know about this, please let me know.

Parole Officer Compliant [ 1 Answers ]

Who do you file a complaint with concerning a Parole Officer in Bmt TX. My boyfriend has been asking for his PO deputy officer and no one can assist him. The P.O pops up to the house with informing anyone, she knows he is on house arrest and can not leave certain times of the day yet she asks for...

Complaint against parole officer [ 17 Answers ]

I was wondering if I could file a grievance or some other complaint against my husbands parole officer or if he could, we live in Illinois.

Petitioning to a Parole Officer [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to send a letter to my brother's parole officer asking for them to help my brother get help (rehabilitation). The system is broken, as he's been in and out of the system for almost 20 years now. He'll get out, can't find work due to his felon and he's released back into the same type...

View more questions Search