Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SweetPea95 Posts: 171, Reputation: 11

Nov 18, 2012, 02:39 PM
    I don't want to screw up with him.
    I've been dating a guy for almost 2 months now. My parent, especially my mom, tries to keep me away from him. She says she doesn't like his temper, but I think there is more to it. She finds every little thing she can so she can ground me from him. Weeks and weeks go by and it feels like I losing interest, but I KNOW I still love him dearly. I don't want to mess this relationship up like I did with the last one. I really want to spend the rest of my life with him. Please help me I don't know what I can do, I'm only 17.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 18, 2012, 02:40 PM
    You said it. You're only 17. Your parents make the rules as you're a child, and live under their roof.

I can't understand how you could love someone enough to defy your parents, when you've only been with him 2 months. Two months is nothing.

Is this the same guy in this thread?

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/pregna...go-716035.html

Nov 18, 2012, 02:46 PM
    Yes. We've actually liked each other since last year in August. He's had a crush on me since my freshman year (2 yrs ago) but neither of us had the guts to start the relationship, we've both been abuse during other relaitonships. I am going to be 18 soon but my mom says that it isn't going to change anything. I just feel like I'm trapped and locked away from him. And I just don't want to hurt neither my parents or him by choosing one over the other. :(
    Pets Expert

Nov 18, 2012, 02:49 PM
    When you're 18 you're an adult. You can move out, get a job, and fend for yourself. If you do that then you make your own decisions.

If you choose to stay with your parents, and they pay for everything, then you have to listen to them. Being an adult is more than just turning 18, it's taking responsibility for yourself, your needs.

The fact is, you've only been with him 2 months, you've already had a pregnancy scare, and frankly, I agree with your parents.

One part of your post is very telling;

weeks and weeks go by and it feels like I losing interest, but I KNOW I still love him dearly.
    Your mom is very smart. She knows that this relationship is just one of many. When you're not with him for weeks, you start to lose interest in him. That's not love, and not a relationship that will last forever.

Nov 18, 2012, 02:54 PM
    But I was treated like this with another relationship also. I was with ken for a year but his father kept us apart as much as he could... and we didn't even have intercourse or anything. Its either the guys parents keeps us separated or my parents that do it. Current relatioship we are working on the stuff that we should keep till marriage like we should. We been talking things out. He as also protected me from a coupld of exs... which... was stupid of me to date in the first place. But I do love him. It just being away from him all the time it hurts. :( I've only seen him 4 times while we are dating
    Pets Expert

Nov 18, 2012, 03:00 PM
    My advice hasn't changed. Read it again. Your parents are in charge, you're not an adult. If they don't want you dating him, you won't date him.

When you turn 18 you can get a job, move out, and date whoever you want. But until then, and as long as you live under your parents roof, you live by their rules.

Surely your love can survive until you turn 18 and move out. If you're really in love then he'll wait for you.

Nov 18, 2012, 03:02 PM
    Thank you for the advice.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 18, 2012, 03:58 PM
    And I am interested in the issue of a temper, why do they feel he has one, what has he done to show a temper?

Nov 18, 2012, 05:59 PM
    When we fight he gets mad at me and yells at me and I end up bawling for hours on and off. But I can't stand up to peopl very well for one though. He gets that look in his eyes that scares the crap out of me... cause I'm always afraid he will hit me, I know he won't though. I was abused by my father when I was little so I get a little scared if any guy is mad even though I know he won't hurt me.
    aliseaodo Posts: 1,671, Reputation: 259
    Movie Expert

Nov 19, 2012, 09:29 AM
    You've only been together for two months, and you're already fighting to the point where he is yelling and you're crying? You have sooo much of life ahead of you, don't waste it with this!

Nov 19, 2012, 10:39 AM
    I can't yell at people unless I'm really frustrated... I cry. I've been like that. I can't hurt him, when I yell at him he actually cries. And this isn't the first time we dated. The first time was full of confusion so he gave up. But he says he should have never given up. We've known each other for 3 years. I get what you guys are saying. But when we ain't fighting, it so worth it because we are so happy to the point that the world doesn't exist around us. It one of those things that there is so much to risk, but for a happiness at the end.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 19, 2012, 11:09 AM
    And what is he doing with his life? And what will you choose to do after college?

Nov 19, 2012, 11:12 AM
    He is going to school this January. He trying to get a job. And after I get my drivers license I will look for a job...
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 19, 2012, 11:14 AM
    All that crying concerns me.

Nov 19, 2012, 11:17 AM
    I haven't cried for about 3 weeks now... I've been to tired to agrue. So when he is mad, I just let him vent. Like last night
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 19, 2012, 11:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea95 View Post
    i havent cried for about 3 weeks now.... i've been to tired to agrue. so when he is mad, i just let him vent. like last night
    Set some boundaries. If he argues, leave. Refuse to listen to it.

Nov 19, 2012, 11:24 AM
    Yeah but he gets mad when I leave also. I tried leaving last night because I was sore , tired and not in the mood. But he said don't leave... but you are right. I got to set boundaries
    Pets Expert

Nov 19, 2012, 06:11 PM
    Bottom line, you live in your parents home, you're not an adult, and the rules they set are the rules you have to follow. If they don't want you seeing him, you have no choice but to stop seeing him.

I think the other posters seem to have lost sight of the fact that your parents are concerned about this relationship, and want it to stop.

Nov 23, 2012, 05:38 PM
    It just hit me.
    For some reason I just felt weird talking to my boyfriend. I've never felt like this before. I've really only talked to him this holiday. Have I just talked to him so much I don't have the need to talk for awhile? Usually I don't run out of words to say.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Nov 23, 2012, 06:06 PM
    Maybe you just have gas.

Honestly, it's pretty difficult for anyone here to say what made you feel weird. Maybe you talked to him too much... maybe you didn't. What do you think?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am alone and a screw up [ 0 Answers ]

I am twelve and a girl I live in the U.S. AND I HAVE PROBLEMS. NO ONE UNDERSTANDS ME. They all hate me. I cut and am called emo,goth,demon, and jerk because half the time I stand up for myself. I am very defensive.Every one in my family gets what they want and I don't. Parents hate me when I screw...

Rusted brass screw with flat screw head for bathtub spout [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I can't get the brass head screw off because the brass is so soft that the screwdriver twists inside the head. The screwdriver is a flat head one. I got one side off but the other just keeps slipping off. Any ideas on how to deal with this particular problem? I sprayed WD 40 on there but...

Tax Screw Up [ 1 Answers ]

I e-filed my taxes all wrong I left out one of my dependants and forgot to put his w-2 how do I fix this mess? I feel like such an idiot!

Did I screw up? [ 11 Answers ]

I posted a topic about this girl I met here about a week and a half ago. Now on to why I'm posting this topic. We ended up meeting for dinner last Thursday. We were supposed to have lunch but she woke up late not feeling good so we just went out for dinner instead. I showed her around my place...

Did I screw up? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, Please any help would be great. There is this guy and he goes to my school. I have seen him around school and think he's super cute. I added him as a friend on Facebook and he accepted. Then today I sent him a private message saying this: Hey,I don't really know you but I've seen you...

View more questions Search