Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JTinman1976 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2007, 02:26 AM
    Paternal Protection?
    Are there any laws in place to protect a father who is doing all that is required of him regarding paternity (child support, daycare, travelling state-to-state for visitation, she's covered under my insurance) and is getting nothing but evil in return? The mother and I have never been married, never been in a relationship other that sexual and have never lived together. My daughter has been moved away from me to a different state, I am not allowed phone contact, my only contact is with her mother by email, gifts are returned and no updates are given regarding her health or well-being. The only thing that is accepted is child support and daycare payments. I have been to court and seen a mediator, and gone broke in the process. She has not held up her end of the mediation agreement and right now I'm in Korea so they tell me there is nothing I can do (I'm military). Is there any help?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 13, 2007, 06:33 AM
    You have court ordered visitation? And that has been refused? Then you go back to the court and have them issue a contempt citation against her you will need to wait until you return from overseas). You can also petititon the court to amend the support agreements.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Paternal Rights [ 4 Answers ]

I fathered a child with someone. (Yes, I know it was foolish.) My problem is that the mother has turned this in to a power struggle. We have agreed that in this situation an adoption is the best thing for the child. The mother does not want me involved in any way. She wants me to sign over my...

Terminate paternal rights [ 3 Answers ]

My daughter's biological father was in and out of her life and child support was never paid. When she was 14 years old (she is almost 16 now) her father called and asked if she could come to his and his parents home in the next state over for thanksgiving. There was to be a special trip to...

I need information about paternal right [ 1 Answers ]

My friend got his ex-girl friend pregnant and she just had the baby, he's been trying to get in touch with her but when he finally did she told him not to call her again. Afterwards her mom called and said if he called again she would press charges on him for harassment and for him not to try and...

Paternal Rights [ 2 Answers ]

My husband got a girl pregnant 8 years ago and has never been allowed to spend time with her. The mother of this child is hateful and frankly evil. She will quit her job right before we go to court so that our support gets raised. We cannot afford this anymore. My husband is willing to relinquish...

Advice on paternal rights... [ 2 Answers ]

I'm a U.S. Marine stationed in N.C. My wife and I have been separated and my lawyer has now filed the divorce paperwork with the courts. I recently found out that our 14 month old is not mine. No question about it, he is not mine. Our divorce was uncontested until now (I think). She wants me...

View more questions Search