Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    teensportychick Posts: 192, Reputation: 15

Nov 5, 2012, 05:05 PM
    Best friend or Boyfriend?
    Ok so I have had my best friend for a while now! :) He is so great and I love hanging out with him and I know we could be best friends forever! BUT there is one problem... he told me he liked me yesterday... And to make it even more complicated I got out of a relationship with his best friend like a month and a halve ago and I still kind of want him back...

I just don't know what to do! Should I take a chance and start looking at my best friend as more or should I still try to get my ex back? I just don't know what to do...
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Nov 5, 2012, 05:11 PM
    What happened to end the relationship?
    Leave the best friend as the best friend. He would only be a rebound as you're still stuck on your ex. That would not be fair to him.

Nov 5, 2012, 05:20 PM
    He dumped me because he said he didn't have enough time for me... but you I totally agree... I just don't know because everyone seays that bestfriends make the best boyfriends and He is super sweeet and I know he will treat me right but I have just never looked at him that way
    Dating & Teen Expert

Nov 5, 2012, 06:27 PM
    You don't need another one until you are over you ex. Leave you best friend as that. Why mess up a good friendship just to have a boyfriend
    theindiankid Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Nov 24, 2012, 06:17 PM
    If your ex dumped you for a reason that he doesn't have time for you. I think you should definitely not try to get back to him. What's the guarantee that he won't repeat it again?

Also to add.. I donot think a guy and a girl can be a bestfriends for long. It is because when you get that close at least I can say for a guy it's very difficult to not get into emotional or physical attraction. So that feeling starts to develop which made your bestie say "i like you" to you.

I would suggest if he's all that sweet and good and respects you, has plenty of time for you. He can translate into a good boyfriend for you. It's high time you start thinking about him and give him a chance.

Thanks

Nov 25, 2012, 08:48 AM
    Thank you! :) I am completely over my ex now! It feels great! And I think your right about my best friend! :) Thank you for helping me:)
    Dating & Teen Expert

Nov 25, 2012, 01:45 PM
    So you completely fell out of love with your ex in about 20 days and now you are going to go out with his best friend? That is a bit tacky on his part. Go out with your best friend's ex. Please. You don't even like him, you just want a boy friend. That is pretty sad.

As for that other answer, boys and girls can be best friends without anything physical or emotional being between them.

Nov 25, 2012, 02:42 PM
    Me and my ex have been broken up for over 2 months. We don't even talk anymore or look at each other. And guys are a lot different than girls with dating. And I do like him. I have only had one boyfriend so I am used to being single and it isn't a big deal to me so how about you try not to judge me...

But thanks for the second part.
    Dating & Teen Expert

Nov 25, 2012, 03:24 PM
    Not judging you but 20 days ago you were asking if you should try to get him back. You said you never looked at this guy that way and now all of a sudden you do? Just wondering about the change.

Nov 25, 2012, 04:42 PM
    In 20 days a lot can happen in high school and I was missing him when I wrote that... And it is true I never looked at him as more than a friend because I was in a relationship through most of our friendship and before I wasn't looking for one

Nov 25, 2012, 07:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by teensportychick View Post
    Thank you! :) i am completely over my ex now! it feels great!! And i think your right about my best friend! :) Thank you for helping me:)
    My pleasure. Enjoy life.

Nov 25, 2012, 07:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Homegirl 50 View Post
    As for that other answer, boys and girls can be best friends without anything physical or emotional being between them.
    Well if you Google that question you'll find it is one of the most debateble topic on internet. I just gave my personal view on it and still stand by it.

Nov 25, 2012, 07:26 PM
    Thank you theindiankid :)

Nov 26, 2012, 06:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by teensportychick View Post
    Thank you theindiankid :)
    Welcome teensportychick :-)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My boyfriend, and my best friend. [ 3 Answers ]

I've been grounded for three months now, because my parents found out I had sex with my boyfriend behind their backs. I've been stuck in the house, with pretty much no means of real communication with any of my friends, especially my boyfriend. So, I've been noticing an increase in bonding...

How do you get a girl who has a boyfriend, and her boyfriend is your friend [ 13 Answers ]

Im those type of guys who does what makes them happy irrespective of who/what gets hurt in the process. My happiness is always first when it comes to me. So I'm sleeping with this girl and she is dating my friend. I've suddenly developed feelings for her and I want her to be with me:cool:I think I...

Girl friend sees me more as a friend then boyfriend.just read it [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone one Well I'm 21 almmost 22 and I had a stupid car accident 4 yrs ago... I was racing some kid in his mustang.. for $$300 my car was hit by a semi truck and then fliped 4 times and went in a ditch don't RACE lost my best friend like that... had broken ribs.. and got a concuison.. broke...

View more questions Search