Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    onemanband Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2007, 09:18 AM
    I don't understand
    Me and my girl had an argument on Thursday night and I didn't think we'd talk for a week or so, then she called Sunday while I was out with my roommate getting lunch and when I got back and was checking my messages, she wanted to know if I wanted to hang out Sunday afternoon/night. While I was listening to my other messages from my family, she called again, like 30 min later and I answered. We talked and then I asked her to come over and she said probably and that she would call me back. OK, she never called back, which this is probably the 4th or 5th time something like this has happened. Am I the backup? I see her friends ask her to do stuff and she says yes right away, and tells me she is bad at breaking plans? To which I fired back, except with me. I guess I feel like what is the point sometimes you know
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2007, 09:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by onemanband
    We talked and then I asked her to come over and she said probably and that she would call me back. OK, she never called back, which this is probably the 4th or 5th time something like this has happened. Am i the backup?
    She's playing you like a harp, man. Calling to get you to agree to something, then backing out is so low. She's just checking to see if you're still her puppy on a string, and when she finds out that the answer is yes, she doesn't want anything more. Cut her loose.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Mar 12, 2007, 09:34 AM
    If you are to pursue things with her, you need to let her know this isn't going to work for you. That plans are plans and need to be fulfilled, renegotiated or called off. Let her know that a plain no-show means you won't be available again after that. Then stick true to your words. If she is that interested in you, she'll dig for the personal integrity and be grateful for the lesson you offered her and if not, then you need to look elsewhere. It's that simple.
    onemanband Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2007, 10:18 AM
    I already said something to her awhile ago after the 2nd time or so and she got better, so I guess was making excuses, so should I even bother saying something AGAIN or just stop answering her calls?
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Mar 12, 2007, 10:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by onemanband
    I already said something to her awhile ago after the 2nd time or so and she got better, so i guess was making excuses, so should i even bother saying something AGAIN or just stop answering her calls?
    Its really your call. I would stop answering the calls but only after I let it be known to her this is why, which is why I suggested in the first post a line in the sand that was so very clearly defined. If you do give her a third chance, make it clear it's the last and then make it the last too. Its you not making it clear and not making it the last time that keeps this going, just so's you know that, okay?
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 13, 2007, 07:40 AM
    You are in to deep if you keep putting up with that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I don't understand her [ 6 Answers ]

hey :( yes i need help to understand her !!!! she tell me she loves me but she scared to hurt me :( but i love her and i want to be whit her and she tell me she wants too but she got a bf and i dunno what she gonna do so if anywone got advice it would help allot thanks:confused:

Trying to understand him [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: :confused: My husband of two yrs has a problem with internet chatting. It is not just the chatting it is the exchanging of photos and phone numbers. I consider this cheating and cannot take it any longer. Am I over reacting? Please advise!! :confused: :(

I don't understand? [ 21 Answers ]

:confused: Okay, so what is abusive? I mean on the Hallmark channel they always show it as like the guy or girl totally freaking out and smacking the other person. I have been in a relationship with my boyfriend for over a year and a half. He has been a complete gentlemen until the past month....

Don't understand my ex [ 4 Answers ]

In October 2006 I started seeing someone we got on so well and could chat to each other about anything. She is at uni and is studying dance and in her final year she was off uni ill with septic tonistilities and she sent me an email saying I am so stressed out I have been off uni ill and my mates...

I understand, but what do I do now? [ 18 Answers ]

Hi, sorry if this is a bit lengthy... Well, my girlfriend had just broken up with me after about 6 months. We fell in love with each other from almost day 1. We connected strongly on every level, we were both very attracted to each other physically, connected amazingly on an emotional level...

View more questions Search