Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    michellew Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2007, 08:53 AM
    Aerator clean and still no hot water-Bathroom
    I have taken the faucets and showerhead off and cleaned and soaked in vinager so just the pipe is coming out of the shower and I still have low Hot water pressure in the Bathroom only Should I start tearing the tile down to get to the pipes ? Or do I need a hot water heater? Please let me know. :confused:
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 12, 2007, 10:13 AM
    Don't take a hammer to the wall yet. First a few questions: do you have hot water pressure at the bathroom sink and how about the rest of the house? Chances are good your mixing valve is plugged on the hot side but get back to us with more info.
    michellew Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2007, 10:17 AM
    Thanks for talking me down I will put down the hammer, the bathroom sink is the same as the shower Cold OK but Hot water side low. The rest of the house is fine.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 12, 2007, 10:28 AM
    This is pretty unusual. Has any work been done recently, valves turned, new appliances or water heater. It appears your bathroom hot supply line is partially blocked. There is also a small chance that some scale broke loose in the heater and plugged both the sink faucet and the shower. If you are handy shut off the main and open the supply line under the sink. There is usually a valve called an angle stop that can be opened. With a bucket and a rag in place have someone else open the main to see if you have pressure, be prepared! If you have pressure at the stop I betting on a plugged mixing valve, rare but it can happen.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No hot water to sink in bathroom, but hot water to everywhere else [ 3 Answers ]

When we turn on the hot water in our bathroom to our bath tub, it comes on fine; but, when we turn on our hot water to our sink in our bath room no water comes out at all! Our house is an older house, but the sink and the faucet are less than a year old. Any ideas? Thanks. Chris

No hot water in bathroom [ 3 Answers ]

I've just moved into a flat I have bought (electrically heated). There seems to be a problem with the hot water in the bathroom. When you first turn the taps on (either in the basin or tub or the shower), hot water comes out for a few seconds but then runs cold. If you turn the tap off, wait...

No Hot water in 1 bathroom [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have 2 bathrooms upstairs. Hot water goes everywhere except for one of the showers. It does come out luke warm only. What should I do to get hot water up there??

Upstairs bathroom - no hot water [ 2 Answers ]

My upstairs bathroom is getting no hot water, either to the sink or the tub. The cold water works fine in the sink, tub, and toilet. The kitchen downstairs is fine, as is the bathroom more or less directly below the upstairs one. If I run the hot water downstairs, I can get a trickle of cold...

Hot water run in bathroom cuts out hot water in kitchen [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, Currently in our bungalow, if we run hot water in the bath & also run hot water in the kitchen tap, after a few seconds water from the kitchen taps stops. If we turn off the bath tap, water still refuses to flow from the kitchen tap. My wife knows a little about the history of the...

View more questions Search