Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tjp Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2007, 10:03 PM
    Upstairs bathroom - no hot water
    My upstairs bathroom is getting no hot water, either to the sink or the tub. The cold water works fine in the sink, tub, and toilet. The kitchen downstairs is fine, as is the bathroom more or less directly below the upstairs one. If I run the hot water downstairs, I can get a trickle of cold water to come out of the upstairs sink turned all the way to hot. It never warms up or gets any significant pressure behind it. Everything was fine Saturday morning. I've been a little annoyed about the hot water not lasting quite as long as I'd like, but the pressure has always been good.

It was quite cold here last night (my parents' house had a frozen pipe) but I don't think that's my problem because it seems to me that the pipe I'm having a problem with would be the least likely of all the ones in the house to freeze, based on its location. I'm pretty sure it doesn't go up an outside wall, while the kitchen pipes do and they did not freeze.

Any ideas?
    tjp Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2007, 11:56 AM
    The water is magically working today. No idea what was wrong, but hopefully it won't happen again.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 5, 2007, 01:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tjp
    The water is magically working today. No idea what was wrong, but hopefully it won't happen again.
    How about, when the sun came out it unfroze the pipe? Glad you're all fixed up, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trickling Hot Water Upstairs [ 3 Answers ]

I recently had my kitchen remodelled in my 60+ yr old house. In the process, the contractor shut off the water from the basement so that my family had no water on the 1st floor (incl. Kitchen) and the 2nd fl. Bathroom. We were asked to use the bathroom in the basement for the time being, which...

No water from the upstairs hot water faucet [ 1 Answers ]

What happened: I turned up the heat on the water heater in our rental house (from "Warm" to the spot between "Warm" and "Hot"). The faucet in the tub spout out some slippery water and some crumbly black bits, but it had a nice heavy flow of hot water. The slime-feel and bits went away. All...

Upstairs shower no hot water [ 1 Answers ]

Hello- I've recently been having trouble with my upstairs tub/shower. SOmetimes I'll turn it on and the hot water comes up fine. Other times it will stay cold even when turned all the way right (to "H" on the one knob control). COuld it be that the knob needs to be replaced> I'm not...

No hot water in upstairs bathroom [ 6 Answers ]

Our house is 2 years old and the hot water in the upstairs bathroom will not work. The sink get's hot water but the tub gets nothing. The tub has a single handle moen fixture. The cold water comes out fine but when you turn the dial to the hot water side, nothing comes out. We at first thought it...

Need more hot water upstairs [ 4 Answers ]

I’m a new home owner and a novice at plumbing-related problems, so any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. I live in a small, three-level home (including basement) with the water heater in the basement, kitchen on main level, and one (and only) bathroom located on the top level. My...

View more questions Search