Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LEE960 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2012, 10:15 AM
    Does anybody live in SC , whose wages are currently or prior garnished by Aafes?
    I just got a notice from Aafes/NCO about intent to garnish wages. Does anybody have experience with this, specially SC residents? Is this possible?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 19, 2012, 11:37 PM
    If they have a judgment against you, yes they can.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 20, 2012, 05:51 AM
    Generally you don't get a notice of intent to garnish wages. So you need to determine exactly what you got. Sounds to me more like a dunning letter then anything else.

Before they can garnish wages, they first have to file suit against you, in which case you will get a summons notifying you of the suit. From there a court has to award a judgment against you for the amount owed. Only after that happens can the plaintiff obtain an writ of garnishment which is then served on your employer. The first you will hear that such a writ has been served is from your employer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Garnished Wages [ 1 Answers ]

If my wadges are garnished are they garnished before any benefits (health insurance)?

Garnished wages [ 3 Answers ]

HELP!! State of Georgia... We are only getting paid by our companies private health disability (which we paid for out of our paycheck every week) wages which are only 49% of our salary... I guess what I'm asking is can they garnish those wages? If so, how much? Thanks

Can my wages be garnished [ 1 Answers ]

I have had to default on a car loan and I was wondering can my wages be garnished by the car finiancal instute? I live in Washington state. Please advise this is my future and I don't know what I should do.

Wages already garnished [ 3 Answers ]

OK I'm in California and my wages are already being garnished for child support... can they be garnished for anything else while this garnishment is still in effect..

View more questions Search