Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Oct 10, 2012, 05:13 PM
    Sexual Battery?
    We are moving and as always before moving I check the sex offender registry. Thankfully there are no child criminals in our area, not for several miles. But there is one man, who was charged with a non child sexual battery.

What could this mean? He got too rough on a date? Groped a girl in the work place?

I would like to know what, but the site didn't give anymore information.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Oct 10, 2012, 06:27 PM
    Without actually asking the offender about it your not going to know unless you might be able to get court records if there are any. Sexual battery may be part of a plea bargin and you won't get any details that way.

http://definitions.uslegal.com/s/sexual-battery/
    Ultra Member

Oct 10, 2012, 06:34 PM
    Thank you calif
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 10, 2012, 10:33 PM
    First while registery is good, many never register and one could move in tomorrow. So always assume there is one across the street.

It could be anything, it would have been a rapist that did a plea deal for a lesser charge, Without pulling up their court case, or asking them you will not know.
    It could be a date that went a little to far and boy did not want to accept no, or it could be someone jumped a person in a park.
    Ultra Member

Oct 10, 2012, 10:45 PM
    Thanks chuck.
    I would never assume a neighborhood is 100% safe based on the registry alone. My daughter never goes anywhere without me anyway. But its nice to know if there are any known offenders in the area.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 10, 2012, 11:45 PM
    Most child sex offenders don't work where they live often, they go to parks, playgrounds, outside of school yards. They will go to where kids are at.

We would catch some on at college ( not child molestors since these were 18 plus year old girls) but they would be watching them from the car or bushes, and doing a private sex act while watching
    Ultra Member

Oct 10, 2012, 11:57 PM
    That is so scary I don't even want to think about it. I am so glad we are finally getting a house and ayla can play in the back yard when I can't take her to the park myself

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New battery and car still won't start battery discharges itself overnight [ 7 Answers ]

Replaced battery as car would not start. New battery discharges itself overnight and car still won't start. Car has been in Workshop for 3 days and they say battery is perfect. They have charged it and say all aspects of battery are good. Car will still not start and they don't know why. Has...

Honda civic 2006 , battery went flat , charged battery , put key in and green ignitio [ 1 Answers ]

Honda civic 2006, 2.2 Battery went flat, charged battery, put key in car and green ignition light has come on and won't let me start the car ? Please help

I was convicted of a sexual battery crime I didn't commit what can I do to fight it ? [ 12 Answers ]

My girl friend was working a rave in Los angeles on June 25 and 26 she asks me to take her lunch I took her lunch and she offer me vip tickets for the event my brother my friend and I attended the event the 26 my friend took his camera and we all took pictures of the event on the way out of the...

Wrongfully accused of a sexual battery charge and don't know what to do next! [ 10 Answers ]

Yea I was wrongfully accused of a sexual battery charge. I paid a lawyer 2000 dollars and had to pay 1400 to get out of jail. I was not allowed to get a dream job I have been waiting forever to get because of this pending chargel. I went to court for it and the girl never showed up because she...

Sexual battery trial pending [ 1 Answers ]

Can an ex-teacher with a sexual battery felony charge be admitted to medical school? The case was proven to be a consensual relationship with a 16 year old while the she was 24. :confused:

View more questions Search