Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wrongaccuse Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2011, 12:57 PM
    I was convicted of a sexual battery crime I didn't commit what can I do to fight it ?
    My girl friend was working a rave in Los angeles on June 25 and 26 she asks me to take her lunch I took her lunch and she offer me vip tickets for the event my brother my friend and I attended the event the 26 my friend took his camera and we all took pictures of the event on the way out of the event we went to my girlfriends boot to pick her up she had gotten out early her boot was close and she wasn't their any more we start walking to the parking lot where she was parked on are way there we got stop by the police and they arrested me they said some girl said I touch her vaginal area. I fought it all the way to prove my innocents they offer me deals the last deal they offer me was aggravated trespassing I didn't take it and was found guilty in trial the girls testimony was inconsistent to the police there was lots of inconsistency in trial the girl said it was the guy in the middle in the gray shirt my brother was the one in the middle and had a gray **** I also had a gray shirt and the police officer testify I was at the end she never ID me by my face only by the shirt witch me and my brother were both wearing they asked her if the police show her a line up or anything in the station and she said no so she never ID me by my face the jurors ask the court to read back the girls testimony and before they could the bell rang 3 time and they said they had a verdict to me that shows they had doubt by I feel they didn't want to come back on Monday what can I do I'm a father of two sons with full custody of both and I may have to register as a sex offender for something I didn't do??
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jan 15, 2011, 01:02 PM

Do you have a lawyer during all this? Your asking questions now and from the sounds of it its about over.

Didn't your lawyer fight for you?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 15, 2011, 01:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by wrongaccuse View Post
    what can i do im a father of two sons with full custody of both and i may have to register as a sex offender for something i didn't do ??????
    Hello w:

Appeal. That's the ONLY thing you can do.

excon

Jan 15, 2011, 02:08 PM
    Comment on califdadof3's post
    I had a public defender and I she wasn't ready at all

Jan 15, 2011, 02:09 PM
    Comment on excon's post
    That's my next move but I'm looking for help more them just a public defender some one who could help me or a organization that could help me??
    Uber Member

Jan 15, 2011, 02:11 PM
    i had a public defender and i she wasn't ready at all
    Hello again, w:

Then that's the basis for your appeal.. You are ENTITLED to COMPETENT representation. The problem is, you AREN'T entitled to a free lawyer for your appeal.

excon

Jan 15, 2011, 02:13 PM
    She wasn't ready she had evidence that the girl drunk and smoke pot and didn't use it also the camera the DA use some of the picture to paint a monster and them in trial I brought up the fact that their was more pictures

Jan 15, 2011, 02:15 PM
    Comment on excon's post
    I need help to get a lawyer
    Uber Member

Jan 15, 2011, 02:22 PM
    i need help to get a lawyer
    Hello again, w:

I don't think you're going to find an organization to help you, but I wouldn't take an exconvicts word on the internet...

The Innocence Project (google 'em) is the only organization I know. They usually only help guys on death row. But, I'd write 'em a letter. Your state bar may have attorney's willing to do pro bono (free) work. Write 'em a letter. Law firms sometimes do pro bono work. Write to as many of them as you can. The ACLU might help you. Write 'em a letter. In short, get the phone book out, and start writing letters.

excon

Jan 15, 2011, 02:27 PM
    Comment on excon's post
    Thank u
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jan 15, 2011, 03:44 PM

Have you been convicted already?

Jan 15, 2011, 05:00 PM
    Yes
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 15, 2011, 06:18 PM

In court with an attorney while on trial is when and how you fight it. And after conviction you have a limited time for an appeal. If you don't get or can't appeal, there is nothing to fight, you are now a convicted sex offender

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Accused for a crime I did not commit [ 4 Answers ]

Hello all, I am hoping to find some help here. I have just found out that I have a felony shoplifting charge in AZ on my record. I live in VA but I do have family including a brother in AZ who is constantly in trouble with the law in and out of prison. He did get in the newspaper for shoplifting a...

Charged with aggravated battery that I did not commit [ 2 Answers ]

I am 54 years old, I live in Volusia County Florida and my 21 year old son lives with me. We have had a volatile relationship for years and as he has grown from child to teenager to young adult he has become increasingly verbally abusive, bullying and intimidating. But other than mentally and...

What is the sentence length for entering a auto, and tools to commit a crime? [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to no what the outcome is most likely to bo these are my first to felonies but I also have a dui that was reduced to reckless driving if that matters any

Fight organized crime. Abolish the IRS. [ 7 Answers ]

Neither McCain or Obama proposed the tax plan that really should be done. We need to FIRST abolish the IRS, because if we don't, some politician will want to re-introduce it on TOP of whatever is to replace it. Then we need a national sales tax, or some variation of it. No loopholes, everyone...

Convicted of a crime [ 3 Answers ]

I am filing out an application for an organization that I used to work for and have filed out an application once before. There are 2 questions that I am unsure how to answer, because I do not recall how I answered them before. Convicted of a Crime/Felony? I was convicted of a crime nearly...

View more questions Search