Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tyredofit Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2007, 07:44 AM
    Father Rights
    My child's father has only seen her once in her whole life, that was the day after she was born. She is now 6. Is that a long enough time to get his rights taken away?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 10, 2007, 08:01 AM
    Hello tyred:

No. You can't get his rights taken away at all. And, why would you want to? He's not using them.

Are you making him pay support?? Why not? I think that's more important than taking away his rights that he doesn't even use.

excon
    celayamisfit Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2007, 01:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tyredofit
    My childs father has only seen her once in her whole life, that was the day after she was born. She is now 6. Is that a long enough time period to get his rights taken away?
    Ask yourself :"why do I want to take my childs father away from them?" If it is for safety of the child run straight to court,but if it is just out of spite; trust me on this, you will regret it. Every child deserves the right to know both parents; because an individual will not grow up COMPLETE with out them. My child's father POPPED IN and OUT of her life for 12 years and on my first stumble in life he went to court and took custody and I haven't seen nor spoken to her since. He is being spiteful and keeping her away from me; regardless of her tears and pleads to see me. See, it don't matter if he hasn't been apart of your child's life, the courts have failed people before. Don't let this happen to you. GOOD LUCK YOU WILL NEED IT!
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Mar 12, 2007, 07:47 PM
    There's no such thing as getting his rights "taken away." He may choose not to exercise them but they still exist.
    endlessecho Posts: 121, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2007, 06:50 PM
    That's not true, he can be stripped of he's rights. It's called involuntary termenation of perental rights and it happens all the time. You have to go through the courts and prove it is in the best interest of the child.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

So you mean I'm a new father with no rights? [ 8 Answers ]

My ex-girlfriend just gave birth last Thursday to a baby girl which I believe is mine. She is very manupulative, and yesterday told me never to call or come by again. All through her stay at the hospital, no one, not a single nurse or caregiver would even speak to me - in fact they were more...

Father parental rights? [ 7 Answers ]

I havent seen my son in about 5 years or so even though we live a stone throw away. I have always acknowledged him with each birthday and xmas too. He is seven years of age and my ex partner has a new life as I do too. I have tried to hide my pain over these years hoping she'd have the decency...

Emancipating my Father rights [ 2 Answers ]

I have three children with my ex-wife, she does not let me see my children when I am scheduled to be with them. I have partial custody. Lawyer fees are outragous to keep fighting to see them , when I know I have the right to, she wants me to sign over all my rights to her. It was a hard decision...

Visitation rights of the father [ 7 Answers ]

My ex girlfriend will not let me see my 2 young sons. I am paying child support and all I want is to be able to see my sons. What can I do in order to get visitation rights? I would like to pick them up every other weekend at least. What are my rights?

Reliquish rights as a father [ 4 Answers ]

My fiancé wants to relinquish his rights he doesn't want the child to have his last name and he doesn't want to pay child support anymore... the mother doesn't let us see the child she is remarried and upset that my fiancé has moved on too. We haven't seen his daughter in almost 8 months we don't...

View more questions Search