Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mled0518 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2007, 03:30 PM
    Emancipating my Father rights
    I have three children with my ex-wife, she does not let me see my children when I am scheduled to be with them. I have partial custody. Lawyer fees are outragous to keep fighting to see them , when I know I have the right to, she wants me to sign over all my rights to her. It was a hard decision but I decided that I want to, due to the pain I am already causing to my children by them not see me now as it is, I plan to get in contact with them when they are 18 years old, how can I go about signing over all my rights to their mother?
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jan 3, 2007, 08:12 PM
    I wouldn't sign over anything. She is in contempt of court for not letting you see your children. I'd take her back to court, pro se if you really can't afford an attorney and ask the judge to find her in contempt. Then she has a choice ; either honor the custody arrangement or go to jail.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 3, 2007, 08:28 PM
    If you love your children don't sign it over, I doubt they would ever understand or believe the reasons.

If you love them, you fight the best you can for them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

So you mean I'm a new father with no rights? [ 8 Answers ]

My ex-girlfriend just gave birth last Thursday to a baby girl which I believe is mine. She is very manupulative, and yesterday told me never to call or come by again. All through her stay at the hospital, no one, not a single nurse or caregiver would even speak to me - in fact they were more...

Father parental rights? [ 7 Answers ]

I havent seen my son in about 5 years or so even though we live a stone throw away. I have always acknowledged him with each birthday and xmas too. He is seven years of age and my ex partner has a new life as I do too. I have tried to hide my pain over these years hoping she'd have the decency...

Visitation rights of the father [ 7 Answers ]

My ex girlfriend will not let me see my 2 young sons. I am paying child support and all I want is to be able to see my sons. What can I do in order to get visitation rights? I would like to pick them up every other weekend at least. What are my rights?

Terminate Father Rights In Ca. [ 11 Answers ]

HI, I want to know what are the steps to sign my child over to her mom. My daughter is going to turn 7 years-old in January, her mom has called cps 100 times, all allegation were unfound it, they said my new wife was slapping my kid, they say that my step son was touching her in the privates...

Reliquish rights as a father [ 4 Answers ]

My fiancé wants to relinquish his rights he doesn't want the child to have his last name and he doesn't want to pay child support anymore... the mother doesn't let us see the child she is remarried and upset that my fiancé has moved on too. We haven't seen his daughter in almost 8 months we don't...

View more questions Search