Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Terriann89 Posts: 77, Reputation: 2

Sep 21, 2012, 06:43 AM
    Newborn baby!
    Hiya! My baby is 6 days old and for the past few days he hasn't pooed a lot! He keep bringing his legs up and crying like he is in a bit of pain.

He doesn't settle at night cause he needs to poo ( when he cries I feed, change him ( wet nappy), cuddle him, rock him ect)

When he was born he had mucus on the chest and has been windy and sicky since. He trumps a lot when he needs to poo but does nothing!

He has pooed a few times but when he hasn't for a day or so he is uncomfortable and unsettled.

Is there anything I can do to help him poo? Ive been using infacol to help wind but not doing much.

Thanks
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 21, 2012, 06:46 AM
    Welcome to parenthood.
    Fun ain't it ;)

It does get easier, but you need to do whatever is needed while they are this young..
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 21, 2012, 07:13 AM
    I'm sorry I haven't gotten back to you, but as I've told you in PM work is horribly busy right now. It seems that everyone in my town is having babies and we are short handed at work.

Now, I know you aren't breast feeding so look at his formula. Does it contain Iron? If so, that might be the culprit. Iron tends to constipate some babies and you may have to change his formula.

Sep 21, 2012, 07:53 AM
    Its OK J9, I understand, your work is important and your ladies are very lucky to have you!

Im using SMA, is does contain iron! He does poo but when he hasn't, his legs come up and he cries and seems like he has pain in his tummy!

Ive been speaking to my midwife and health visitor about expressing and feeding him my milk in bottles.
    Expert

Sep 21, 2012, 07:59 AM
    Are you still pumping? Is there a formula in the UK that doesn't have Iron?

It does indeed sound as though he is constipated and Iron is usually the biggest culprit.

Sep 21, 2012, 08:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Are you still pumping? Is there a formula in the UK that doesn't have Iron?
    K
    It does indeed sound as though he is constipated and Iron is usually the biggest culprit.
    Yea I'm pumping 3-4 times a day, just to ensure I can produce enough before I start giving it him! Don't want to start and not have enough. That will vprev his tummy.
    I don't know if there is any that doesn't. :-S
    Expert

Sep 21, 2012, 08:13 AM
    If you want to make enough you need to pump every 2-3 hours. Remember that breast milk is supply and demand. If you don't demand enough (pumping) you won't supply enough.

3-4 times a day isn't enough.

Sep 21, 2012, 12:47 PM
    OH OK! I didn't realize. How many times should a 6 days old baby poo? X

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Rights of a newborn baby can the father refuse to give the newborn back [ 3 Answers ]

A teenage who is 17 just had a baby and the father who is 16 is trying to take the newborn who is 5 days old.Can he do that

Newborn Baby [ 1 Answers ]

Mother s n hiding, baby due July 10th, has lost 2 already through courts, what do I do 2 establish dna, file charges 4 kidnapping, e.t.c?

My newborn baby [ 3 Answers ]

My child was born in December of 2007 can I file her on my 2007 taxes

My newborn baby [ 13 Answers ]

My 6 week old son has really bad gas and is constipated.Its hard to get him to sleep at night because the gas and constipation keeps him up... I give him gas medicine but he still has a lot of gas.What could I do about the gas and constipation?? :confused:

A Newborn Baby [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I Would Like To Know The Minimum Age Requirement Of A Qualifying Child Because I Had My Daughter On Oct, 19 2006. Will I Be Able To Claim Her For The Year Of 2006? I Mean She Was In My Stomach The Entire Year So Does That Count As EIC?:confused:

View more questions Search