Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ariyona Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2007, 12:59 PM
    My newborn baby
    My child was born in December of 2007 can I file her on my 2007 taxes
    tiffanyinflorida Posts: 9, Reputation: 0

Dec 22, 2007, 01:04 PM
    We have 4 children and I have always been under the impression that any birth by the end of that tax year is included... so, the deadline is 12/31.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 22, 2007, 01:09 PM
    Yes, any baby born before 12/31 at 11:59 PM can be listed as a dependent.

And congrats on the new baby.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Dec 22, 2007, 09:30 PM
    Yes, congrats on your new born! :-)

And if he/she was born at 11:59 PM on 31 Dec 07, you could count her as your dependent on your 2007 tax return.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Newborn baby father's rights [ 6 Answers ]

My 19 year old son got his now 18 year old girlfriend pregnant. She lived at our house up to the labor and delivery because her dad and mom weren't very understanding. Being young we were supportive only because we were happy she decided to have the baby. They were both very happy, with my son...

My newborn baby [ 13 Answers ]

My 6 week old son has really bad gas and is constipated.Its hard to get him to sleep at night because the gas and constipation keeps him up... I give him gas medicine but he still has a lot of gas.What could I do about the gas and constipation?? :confused:

Newborn citizenship [ 1 Answers ]

I am not an American citizen and my husbent is. We are going to have a baby in few months. I would like for my child to be able to have bouth citizenships. I also go home very often so my questions are if I am going to be ble to put my child on my passport and if s/he will need some kind of viza to...

Newborn kitten [ 3 Answers ]

My cat just gave birth to one kitten, but the kitten appears lifeless, how do I know for sure if its alive?

A Newborn Baby [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I Would Like To Know The Minimum Age Requirement Of A Qualifying Child Because I Had My Daughter On Oct, 19 2006. Will I Be Able To Claim Her For The Year Of 2006? I Mean She Was In My Stomach The Entire Year So Does That Count As EIC?:confused:

View more questions Search