Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    UniqueMind17 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    -

Sep 4, 2012, 07:50 PM
    Screwed up situation...
    So I'm 17 years old. I met this guy through a social networking site and from the very first conversation he really intrigued me and I just felt like I had to know more. This particular website is a role playing website, for those of you who don't know what that is, it's mainly making up a character of anyone you want, setting a scene and acting through an online world. Not everyone is into it but I find it fun.

This guy though. Everything about him was different. Most of the guys there would rp twilight characters and I had good reason to believe that a lot of those guys were really girls. But then he comes out of nowhere. Anyway, I was so completely taken by him. When he decided he was leaving rp I was so sad. But he told me he would like to stay in touch in real life.

I made the stupidest mistake I could've ever made. I was attracted to this guy, and I'm in no way self conscious but suddenly, with him I was. So I pretended to be someone I'm not. I think part of it was fear. Not wanting someone over the Internet to know the real me so if he does turn out to be a freak he can't find me. But he wasn't a freak. He was the most amazing guy I'd ever talked to an I started falling in love with someone I'd never even met. The bigger problem was so did he. And that someone wasn't real.

I let him believe that lie for over a year. I was just too scared to tell him the truth. How could I? Several times I was going to but I was scares I would hurt him and I didn't want that.

I finally did tell him and he knows the real me now. We're friends but.. Nothing's the same, of course. I don't how to explain it other than to put it bluntly. He was a Mormon, not my religion, but he was always trying to get me to be more religious he wasn't perfect. One of his worst habits was masturabtion. Every now and then we would give in and have phone sex or cyber.. But now... Every single time we talk, that's the first thing he expects me to do... Cyber sex him. He never talks about anything religious anymore. He won't even hear me out when I try to talk to him about staying clean and stopping with all this sexual stuff. We both get mad sometimes and stop talking for awhile but one of us always eventually come back..

I guess my question is what do I do? Do I let him go? I feel like I still really love him somewhere deep down, but not this person he's acting like now.. I know it all seems crazy and I'm sorry that this is insanely long I just need some advice..
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 4, 2012, 08:52 PM
    You may have lied for a year but you are just finding out about the real him so no big deal, if my assumption that this was all online or web cam all this time, then you can decide if you don't like where this is headed then say so.

Keep those on line things in perspective, they are never the real thing any way. Not until an actual meeting, and I wouldn't advise that with this online sex freak no matter his religion, or location.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I screwed up. Please help! [ 2 Answers ]

I broke up with my boyfriend because I thought he cheated on me. There was this mark on his neck and it looked just like a hickey, and he cept telling me it was dry skin or a rash and I didn't believe him so I broke up with him but then the next day he had this rash all up his arm and neck. And I...

I Screwed up [ 7 Answers ]

Hey... I've never posted on here before, but I thought I'd give it a shot. I have nowhere else to turn. Ok... My girlfriend and I had been going out for two years. We were high school sweet hearts. Went to the prom together (or formal, in Australia), and did everything together. But after about...

Screwed up situation with an EX [ 5 Answers ]

Ok so long story short, me and my girlfriend broke up This was 2 months ago She was in college Now she's back home, and she hangs out with my friends. Thing is though I don't want to see her She called me the other day and it was painful talking to her.

Am I getting screwed [ 8 Answers ]

I was getting a pay check on the books since the beginning. After a month they starting paying me off the books is that legal. Also they started paying me on the books after a month and a half. My boss said I assure you that your taxes will come on your W-2 form but my of the book checks came...

Kind of screwed myself into a situation please please help mee [ 2 Answers ]

OK so I have a bit of an issue that I've screwed myself into that I'm not sure how to get out of OK so its kind of hard to explain but I'm dating this guy that is in my group of friends and I guess you could say that when ever I'm dating him I don't want to be dating him and then when I'm not I...

View more questions Search